Home Buying in Lindenhurst>Question Details

susansimon224, Other/Just Looking in Lindenhurst, NY

What area in Lindenhurst is considered to be the nicest? I also don't want to be in the flood zone.

Asked by susansimon224, Lindenhurst, NY Fri Jul 12, 2013

Answers

6
The question is subjective, therefore visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
As Realtors we really can't tell you which area is the nicest, it is the opinion of each person. I have lived in what some consider N. Lindenhurst for 43 years and I love where I am. The best thing for you is to drive around each area of the houses you are considering and decide for yourself. What I consider nice you might not. Any questions please call me anytime 631 433-8567

Marianne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
I would say Meridale Park area of Lindenhurst is the nicest, and it is not in a flood zone. I myself have lived in that area for almost 30 years.
The Merridale Park section of Lindenhurst
The nicest parts of Lindenhurst are south of Montauk Highway, which, unfortunately is in a flood zone. I have found that there are two schools of thought after the storm. One wants to be nowhere near the water. The other view what happened as a once in a lifetime thing and are taking advantage of the lower prices.

Tom Moser
Keystone Realty USA

Long Island's Commission Rebate Reatlor
http://RefundAtClosing.com
Unfortunately, for most of the towns in the south shore, including Lindenhurst, the nicest parts are in flood zones.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax