Home Buying in Schaumburg>Question Details

John Stawiery, Real Estate Pro in Schaumburg, IL

What are your ideal traits in a real estate agent?

Asked by John Stawiery, Schaumburg, IL Wed Sep 5, 2012

Answers

4
In a word...SERVICE - which means communication, honesty and above all be willing to help the client and be there for them. I recently had a customer tell me their former agent told them "You are not my only client." If you are not there for your client to help them and provide exceptional service, you should let them go. SERVICE is what it is all about.
Behind the sucess of any man or women is a person who has a vision and a plan for helping people. When you help enough people, you succeed and can be well rewarded for your efforts. The human element is consider to be the most important factor for a Real estate Agent to find success. A good Realtor tend to be optimist, knowledgeable, available most of the time and have a pleasant outlook on life.

Maria Cipollone
Ditto Dawn's reply. In addition, your agent should attend the property inspection & closing. Listing agents should be able to properly market your home and provide open houses and brokers tours to gain maximun exposure. Buyers agents should advise their clients about comparable properties to the subject home so the client can get the most home available for ther price point. The agent be able to get radon testing done. Their client will have to pay for this along with the inspection but, it will save him the cost of any remediation. The seller would have to pay for this expense that could be upwards to $2k or more. Contact me if you need any additional questions answered.
Mark Risting
Prudential Starck Realtors
630-550-1953
Availability, knowledge, responsiveness, communication & negotiation skills