Glores, Home Buyer in Princeton, NJ

What are things included in the association fee in Princeton landing? eg. Roof,Skylight, siding,

Asked by Glores, Princeton, NJ Sun Apr 12, 2009

Trashremoval,snowremoval etc

Answers

2
A VERY COMPREHENSIVE ANSWER JEFFERSON!

Glores, Princeton Landing is a very nice development. Most HOA/COA (Home Owners Association or Condo) will cover only Outside elements... siding, roofs, walkways, grassy areas, playgrounds etc... some require the owner to cover some of them while even others will vary based on which section your unit is located within the development or even if you have a townhouse vs a detached house.

If you are looking in Mercer County and some of the bordering areas I think the best location to start would be: http://mercerrealtors.com/09/hoa All of the Home Owners Associations are listed there so you just need to call and ask. What could be easier?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009
Hi Glores,

Try http://www.princetonlanding.org/ then click on "About our Community". Looks like "exterior repairs and maintenance, landscaping, trash collections, snow removal and other services". the full list of stuff should be somewhere in the "Documents" link.

BUT ... you really really really should consider moving to PA instead. You are being taken blind by NJ Taxes - property taxes, association fees and NJ income tax. For the same money as living in Princeton Landing you could have an EXQUISITE single family home in the best school districts in lower Bucks County.

I've detailed out how many of these numbers work in some of my recent posts. If you don't own in NJ right now this is the perfect time to leave - keep working in NJ though - you won't pay their taxes - only PA taxes (3.03 vs. a very probably 6.37 in NJ).

I wish that I knew this stuff a few years ago - moving to PA could put an extra $5000 in your pocket ever year.