Home Buying in Civano>Question Details

Steve Henke, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

What are they thinking?

Asked by Steve Henke, Tucson, AZ Mon Aug 27, 2012

$185 / sf for Civano; that's crazy. The lots are super small, the noise from Houghton is intollerable and the construction will make it much worse. Many of the houses are run down and need paint. The HOA doesn't make neighbor clean up debris; and some guys run automotive shops out of their garage. The north pool doesn't filter correctly and is more like a sespool.

Answers

6
Donna Moulton’s answer
Hi Steve,
Some sellers list a house at the price that will enable them to avoid a short sale.
Some list at the price that will net them the amount they need in order to take the next step of their life, like move to assisted listing or build a house.
Some want to pay off their credit cards with the sale proceeds.
Some think that if they paid $50,000 for a roof, kitchen, and pool, their house is worth at least $50,000 more than it was before. This is probably not true.
Of course buyers are not concerned with seller's goals that are irrelevant to the value of the property.

Donna Moulton
520-909-1171
http://www.SweetDesertHome.com
Are Steve Henke points true? valid? (8-2012) How do the Civano residents feel about their community? it is March of 2014 and My Husband and I are thinking of buying in Civano after living in Armory Park del Sol for several Years, living in or close to downtown Tucson also has it's negatives...noise....random crime, etc.

As Steve mentions "many of the houses are run down and need paint" We have driven thru Civano several times as of lately and we did not see anything that will make his comment valid.. again, What do the Civano residents say about their community?

Marcy Reyes
Tucson AZ
Hi Marcy,

I live near Civano & it always appeared to be a well maintained community to me as well. There is a Facebook page created just for that neighborhood so I would suggest posting a message on the page to ask the Civano residents directly.

Go to http://www.Facebook.com/CivanoNeighbors

If you're still looking to purchase a home in that neighborhood after your concerns are addressed or if you would like to see what's available in another neighborhood, I would love to help you with your search so feel free to contact me if you need assistance. Good luck!

Danielle Stout
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
520.272.9105 Mobile
DanielleStout@KW.com
Flag Tue Mar 25, 2014
It is a great point that a home is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. if it is over priced, it simply wont sell in this market. Residential homes are not always pricedat a per sq ft method as there are too many variables such as condition, finished basements, garages, BR or bathroomn count and upgrades that need to be considered whe placing value on a property.
I have to agree with both Sam and Sprit. Home values are worth what a ready, willing and able buyer is willing to pay. HOA information is something the buyer will have to deal with if they decide to buy and that doesn't affect the price of the property.

Mary Ann Carman
http://MaryAnnandCisco.com
Hi Steve

Opinions on HOA vary, as do opinions on what a person will pay for a property & what they will pay price per square foot. I am not a big fan of the gianormous power lines off Hougton as well. If you are looking to buy, I suggest work with a local Realtor as your buyers agent. I would show you what properties in there are selling for per sq ft. In today's market a property is really only worth what it appraises for, since that is the amount of money a bank will loan on it.

Wish you best of luck with your search.
Spirit
The real estate market is self regulating and homes are only worth what someone will pay for them. If someone likes Civano enough to pay that amount then the property will sell. If not it will sit on the market and will eventually come down in price. If you are in the market for a home in that area give me a call and I can help you find the perfect home.

Sam Zobrest
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032
sam@realtywildcats.com