Home Buying in McKinney>Question Details

Daniel, Home Buyer in McKinney, TX

What are the top subdivisions in Mckinney under $300,000.00?

Asked by Daniel, McKinney, TX Wed Sep 30, 2009

Answers

7
I second Heatherwood's suggestion. There are many other communities that are very nice such as Westridge (Custer and Virginia Pkwy), you can get a home on the golf course at that price.

It would depend what you are looking for in a home, size, community amenities etc. there are mnay more communities that have homes under 300K.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 30, 2009
Craig Ranch . . . Hands Down! There are deals everywhere!

Web Reference: http://www.craigranchtx.com
Hi Daniel,

Just following up on your question about McKinney subdivisions from Sep 30. I'm one of the agents who answered your question and I would like to be your guide to McKinney or other areas of North Texas. Please let me know how I can be of service.

Patrick Jackson - patrickcjackson@gmail.com
Against professional code of ethics make comment of top areas however here is a direct link. McKinney WOW has many wonderful areas in this price range

Currently on market in McKinney from $285K up to $310K are 39 homes

Direct Link for your review:
http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.com/portal/?PID=565700&…

How can I assist you?

I am a Dallas realtor and loan officer “one stop shop for all your real estate services”

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 07’ & 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your question.

The correct answer for you may depend on the size of home you are looking for, number of bedrooms & baths, age of the home, schools or ages of your children if that applies, and whether the top means highest quality home with the most features. The best subdivision for you will be limited by a combination of these factors. However, I would like to provide as much information on McKinney neighborhoods as possible and show you a sample of homes in each area. What will be obvious from the information and number of homes that are available is that you need to be working with an agent who knows McKinney well.
The link below is a group of homes that I selected that are listed between $275,000 and $300,000. The all have at least 4 bedrooms & 3 full baths. I did not limit the age range of the homes, but I threw out some properties that were older because the were not in planned communities. I also eliminated properties in subdivisions that I would not recommend. I'm going to break down areas and give you a brief of the subdivisions that are associated with these properties.

Many of these homes are in Stonebridge which is a master planned community that is made up of many smaller subdivisions. Stonebridge is nearly sold out of new construction, but there may still be a few homes that the builders will part with for under $300,000. Stonebridge is the largest master planned community in the north Texas area. It encompasses about 10,000 acres of rolling terrain with creeks, lakes, community trails, tennis courts and two pools including a sandy bottom beach style pool with a little kids water park. There are also three private golf courses within Stonebridge Ranch and some homes in your price range back up to fairways. Only select builders operate in Stonebridge so the quality of homes is as good as it gets for this price range. In the order of the properties on the link, the following subdivision are within Stonebridge and owners have access to all community facilities: Crimson Ridge - late 1990's great schools including a Blue ribbon elementary; Wren Creek - 2006 to 2009, great builders, Exemplary elementary, new middle school; Hickory Hill - Early 2000, great schools including a Blue ribbon elementary; Fairway Village - 2005 and later, mid level builders so more sqft & fewer frills, Blue ribbon elementary but a bus ride to middle and high schools; Spring Hill - mid 1990's , great schools; Hills Creek - early 90's wrapped in hills, fairways and creeks, best combination of schools (my opinion); Wyndsor Grove - 2005 +, Exemplary elementary, bus ride to middle and high; Hackberry Ridge - 2000 , Blue Ribbon Elementary, great middle school, bus ride to high school.; Aspendale - 2006+, the last subdivision to be built in Stonebridge, Frisco schools, great builders. There are other subdivision in Stonebridge that didn't come up in the search of available homes.

Of the homes available that are not in Stonebridge Ranch, I selected homes in the following subdivisions: Fawn Hollow - 1998 by mid level builders, better neighborhood if you are near the creek or greenbelt - the home I included is, one of the best Blue Ribbon Elementary schools, bus ride to older middle and high schools, no community facilities; Hidden Creek - late 1999 to 2000's, mixture of builders, community pool with life guards, roller hockey rink, sand volley ball court, Exemplary elementary won green building award, bus ride to older middle and high school; Ridgecrest - 2005+ by great builders, community pool, Stonebridge quality without the strict Stonebridge HOA, Exemplary elementary, bus ride to newer middle and high, one of my favorites outside of Stonebridge; Eldorado Estates - 1993, first big master planned area in McKinney, hills, mature trees, private golf course and pool club, easy access to Central Expressway, Best Blue Ribbon Elementary, bus ride to older middle and high, amount of updating in the home determines value.

This is the link for homes in the subdivisions above: http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Pr…

While I love Prosper schools, Heatherwood would not be at the top of my subdivision list because the area is very new, has no shopping and is surrounded by smaller subdivisions with lots of foreclosures. However if you want more affordable new construction by the same builders from Stonebridge, keep it on your list.

Of course, you may be looking for a 3 bedroom, 3 bath home on with a lake and golf course view or you might find a historic home near the square attractive. In that case, none of these homes fit your needs. But as you can see, I know McKinney and I love to work with McKinney buyers. I've lived in McKinney for almost 20 years and I would love to help you find your new home!
Daniel,

That is a subjective question with questions to ask before I can answer. Some of the popular neighborhoods in McKinney with homes under $300k are Stonebridge Ranch, Craigs Ranch.

I'd love to hear more about what it is your looking for in a home and how I can help you achieve your goals.

I am a licensed Realtor and a specialist in new and pre-owned home sales, and do business in McKinney.

Please let me know how I can help you further!

Email me at: nicolearenas@ymail.com Thanks, Nicole Arenas
Daniel,

One ot the best in McKinney under that price range is Heatherwood because it also goes to the highly rated Prosper School District. Drees, Highland and Pioneer build homes there. It depends on how much under $300k you want to be and what you're looking for as well. Stonebridge has homes in that range and a ton of ammenities like a beach club. Craig's Ranch is another community that's highly sought after in that price range. What's most important to you? School district? Proximity to work? Amenities? Wide streets? Trees? Energy efficiency of the homes? Etc?

Terri Hayley
Top 5% of Realtors