Trulia Chica…, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

What are the rules on radon disclosure?

Asked by Trulia Chicago, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 9, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


JIM Michaels’ answer
Radon Publications - IEMA Division of Nuclear Safety ABC's of Radon in Illinois - This document offers general information about what ... Illinois Real Property Disclosure Act - An Act relating to the disclosure of
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
You are required by Illinois State to provide a Radon report if one exists to all parties involved. You must provide a Radon Disclosure regardless if a Report exists or not. This is in fairness and protection of the buyers, sellers or tenants. If a test has been previously done for the property, these documents must be attached to the Radon Disclosure. Requirement for this disclosure applies to any property up to the Third, (3rd) floor. All buyers, sellers, and tenants will have the information or will have an option to perform a certified inspection for Radon Gas. A copy of this Pamphlet is attached for your viewing.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
The law changed in 2012 your info is incorrect. Radon disclosures are not required by law unless the unit has been tested.
Flag Wed Apr 23, 2014
Radon gas comes up from the earth, so it is only required on homes or condos 3rd floor and below.

All the best,

Ivan Sagel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 12, 2013
You have to provide the disclosure for anything on the 3rd floor and under.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
Illinois state law requires Radon disclosures be provided for any property up to the 3rd floor.

Click here for the pamphlet:…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
It is a state law. All sellers need to fill it out although in most of the city owners rarely ever do a Radon test, but it lets the bueyrs understand that they have the option to do one.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
Owners should disclose any material facts which affect the subject property; however, if this is a concern, you should hire your own inspector.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer