Home Buying in Lakeway>Question Details

Pollywork, Home Buyer in Lakeway, TX

What are the resort communities in and around the Lakeway and Spicewood areas with premium amenities?

Asked by Pollywork, Lakeway, TX Mon Apr 30, 2012

We are looking in these areas and really like The Reserves of Lake Travis as well as Rough Hollow. Do you know the names of any others we should be looking at AND ones to avoid? Thank you.

Answers

4
Lakeway and The Lake Travis Area are full of resort communities. Rough Hollow and The Reserve both have A+ amenities and access to boat slips and the Lake. The Reserve is a bit further from Austin and many homes are 2nd homes. Rough Hollow does have 2nd homes as well but the trend is primary residences. 10-15 minutes to The Galleria and Shopping.
As far as anything to avoid? Lakeway and the Lake Travis area are awesome and the price point you are looking in would help to point out neighborhoods. Also, if golf if a priority, we have 5 golf courses within 5 miles of Lakeway. Is boating a priority? If it is golf: Falconhead, The Hills, Flintrock, Yaupon and Live Oak are also considerations. Spicewood has Barton Creek Lakeside Golf.
Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Julie Mattoon, REALTOR
512-428-4503
I just wanted to follow up on your home search in the Lakeway areas. Rough Hollow is probably the best bet for Resort Community + Amenities. Especially now that the pool area is almost complete.

Keep in mind it takes about 6-8 months to build a home in Rough Hollow. Would you like me to send you an updated list of homes for sale in the area?

Stuart McWilliams
512-828-9867
Beyond Realty
Hello Pollywork,

There are a number of other very nice communities in the area such as Vineyard Bay, Bella Montagna, Villa Montana and Falconhead, for example, depending on your price point and the amenities that you desire.THere are also some new communities coming soon. I would be happy to send you access to searches that address your specific needs if you are not currenty working with a specific Realtor.

Tom
Thomas J. Cantalini
REALTOR(R) GRI,SFR,MBA
Century 21 HSK and Associates
512-797-9167
tom.cantalini@gmail.com
http://www.tomcantalini.com
Hello Pollywork,

You've identified some great areas - Rough Hollow and The Reserve at Lake Travis are beautiful areas. They are very different from each other in what they offer and the feel of the neighborhoods though and I'm happy to discuss these differences with you. Another one to consider is Spanish Oaks which is a great golf course community with very nice amenities. As you head further out into Spicewood you will find Barton Creek Lakeside which is another golf course community and is the sister community to Barton Creek Resort & Country Club in Austin. A few more are The Hills of Lakeway, Flintrock Falls & Belvedere.

I live and work the Lake Travis and Lakeway areas and would love to answer any questions you may have.

You can reach me at (512) 633-9680 or email me at Keri@RealtyAustin.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Keri Chmelik
Realty Austin