Ma, Home Buyer in 94110

What are the requirements for a non us citizen to buy a home in the us ca?

Asked by Ma, 94110 Mon Nov 15, 2010

Answers

8
Ma,

There are no restrictions against investing in real estate in the US. There are however, some different tax obligations upon selling the property. If you need to research tax obligations, please email me and I will recommend a good tax accountant for consultation.

I see you have indicated 94110 as your zip of interest. The link below will provide direct up-to-date access to all available listings in the Mission/Bernal area:

http://www.mlsfinder.com/ca_sfar/oggikashi/index.cfm?action=…

If you require a loan in order to purchase, I am able to provide lender contacts with solid international lending experience. I have successfully worked with many international clients and would be happy to assist you.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate
Paragon Real Estate Group dre1844627
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 15, 2010
CASH is king!

Loans are difficult to procure for Foreign Nationals.

If you have a valid visa - you just need a job, good credit and assets like any other citizen. (Also need a SS#)

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
301-651-8600
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 15, 2010
No restrictions. HSBC (see link below) is a popular choice for loans. Please call me if you have any additional questions.
Web Reference: http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/
Hi Ma, welcome to the USA. There are no restrictions for foreign nationals to purchase property in the United States. The technical difficulties arise should you desire a mortgage for the property. Various programs are available, especially if the home is to be your primary residence and you are moving here permanently. Investment financing will be more problematic still, with perhaps as much as 50% down. Not impossible, but certainly not a walk in the park.

Jim, Home Savings of America, 703 591 5626 ext 419.
Foreigners can invest in US real estate. No problem.

It is a bit trickier if you want a loan. Right now, I'm working with multiple international clients. Some banks will be better than others in regards to understanding the international buyer.

Typically, they will require 40% down payment.

If you want further details, let me know.

Cheers,
Danielle
I've just completed the coursework for the Certified International Property Specialist designation, and have learned that the US places no restrictions on non-citizens buying real estate. There are a few global banks that will make home loans to non-American citizens, typically with 40% down. The cash that you bring or transfer to the US has to be reported with US customs.

Your good local agents (see below!) can put you in touch with good tax professionals and capable translators, if necessary.

So, call 'em up and go buy something!
Money :)

Seriously, there is nothing against buying in the U.S. to my knowledge. There are some unique aspects to it, especially when you sell for a profit. But when buying - as Jerry McGuire would say "show me the money" and that's about the only requirement. Yes, loans are difficult, but not impossible. But cash is king.

If you're looking for homes listed for-sale on the MLS may I suggest my search by map site at http://www.SF-MLS-Search.com where you can save favorite properties and searches for email updates on new listings.
Ma,

Loans are very difficult for foreigners. Cash is most likely going to be required to make the purchase. And we work with international/out of area clients on a regular basis - if you want some help our contact info is below:

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425