Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Trulia Brook…, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

What are the pros and cons of living in Brooklyn with a young family?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Tue Mar 19, 2013

Answers

2
Temrasellshomes’ answer
Brooklyn is enjoying a renaissance with many enjoying the resurgence of up and coming restaurants, theatres, etc. In addition Brooklyn is enjoying rising property value as more and more residents are fleeing Manhattan to take advantage of community/neighborhood living and scoring brownstones with backyards. The schools are improving for your children and the Brooklyn Children's Museum has also been renovated.

Cons include a longer commute into the city if you live in Manhattan, a bit of crowding in some areas, and some neighborhoods have not been completely gentrified although they are well on their way. Brooklyn is definitely worth exploration and consideration.

Temrasellshomes@gmail.com
Well...
They say Brooklyn is "The New Manhattan" and is more culurally diverse than any place I know. We even have a Botanical Garden! It is alot safer than evcer before, some of the best schools in NYC area here and you can even take the kids to Coney Island in the summer!

I think it more family friendly than the high volume of people and traffic of Manhattan.

Have any questions? Feel free to call me. Not only am I a native...
I was born here!

Luke Constantino
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com