Home Buying in Millsboro>Question Details

Anthony, Home Buyer in Paoli, PA

What are the pluses and minuses of buying a condo in Peninsula? Developer stable? Low auction pricing impact

Asked by Anthony, Paoli, PA Sun Jul 19, 2009

Limited knowledge of area but looking for a resort style condo -- would appreciate any insight

Answers

3
Mgallon19966’s answer
The Peninsula is a wonderful neighborhood, but have a very good inspection done if you are planning on buying a condo in Windswept! Mold has been found and remediated in several different buildings. I would highly recommend hiring a mold inspection from a Reputable company before purchasing.
Hi Anthony,

If you are looking for a resort style condo the Peninsula offers amenities like no other community. On site restaurant, gated community, golf, fitness center, wave pool, adult only pool, etc.. Even though it is close to the beach you can park your car, enjoy all the community has to offer and never leave, this community has it all. The buying opportunities are tremendous in this market or any market. From a buyer perspective the properties that were auctioned puts you in a great buying position.

Chris Kavanagh (formally of Newtown Square)
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
302-829-9068
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
That is a great question. I have two buyer clients that had purchased at The Peninsula a couple of years ago and both couples absolutely love it. My husband Bill and I were there on Saturday evening for an "informal Formal" dinner dance by the pool. We were invited to join one of my clients (from PA, by the way) at their table with other friends of theirs and we had a great time. There was a good dance band, great food and service and it was a beautiful evening.

If you are looking for a resort style condo, you won't find anything else like it in Coastal Delaware. The pricing available on a few units right now present an incredible value. My husband and I have both played golf at The Peninsula and it is a beautiful course. If you would like to discuss this more I hope you'll give me a call at 302-645-4564, my direct line at the office, or email me at kathy.sperlbell@remax.net.
Web Reference: http://www.kathyandbill.com