Home Buying in Crestwood>Question Details

Dwillett, Home Buyer in Crestwood, KY

What are the people like if you are not from around the area?

Asked by Dwillett, Crestwood, KY Sun May 27, 2012

Answers

8
Overall, people in Kentucky are very friendly. I'm from San Diego, CA and found the locals to be nice, hard-working folk. I had my pre-concieved notions about Kentucky before transferring here (no teeth, barefoot, redneck etc.) However, I was pleasantly surprised by how 'normal' the locals are. Oldham County is much more laid back than Louisville and the locals reflect that.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 21, 2012
People are friendly and love to socialize, but respect your privacy as well. Schools in Oldham County are the best. Look for many transplants and relocation families who work for large companies like Ford, UPS, GE, Humana. Its a great place to live, work and play.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Expect people to be curious about you and ask questions which might seem intrusive to some people. It's just their way of being friendly and they want to get to know you. If you embrace the community they will embrace you back.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2012
That is so true and so well put! Made me smile just reading it! : )
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
People in KY are some of the nicest, friendliest people around. Most of the neighborhoods have a large contingent of "transplants" so it's not like you're the first one on the block from Michigan - or where ever. Try it, you'll like it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
I grew up in Crestwood, we moved there when I was something like 13 months old, and Crestwood people have always been wonderful, warm people. Still that way, a few years later. (winking)

Let me know if I can be of any help or answer any questions.

Have a super day!

Michael Thacker

"your best friend who just happens to be a Realtor"
One of the best things about Kentucky and Oldham in particular is that once you make a "friend", they can and often times are your friend for life!

My family moved to Oldham when I was all of 1 1/2 years old, and even after my having lived in another large city, I am still friends now with many that I have known since I was in kindergarden and before!

Having been back a number of years, having those friendships has meant the most to me!

Great area and great people, but that pretty up sums up most if not all of Kentucky anyway!

Let me know should you have any other questions, I would be happy to try to answer them!

Michael
I would recommend Oldham County to all families. Great schools, low crime, and close to a lot of retail stores and hospitals
It might depend on what you're like.