Home Buying in Sedona>Question Details

S Holverson,  in 60096

What are the options for colleges in/near Sedona? It seems the Yavapai college in Sedona is just a film school.

Asked by S Holverson, 60096 Mon Oct 19, 2009

Answers

3
Dear S. Holverson:
You have NAU up in Flagstaff - I hour north drive. You have ASU and AU in Phoenix - 2 hour south drive. Yavapai Community College in Sedona has many branches - Cottonwood/Clarkdale - 30 minutes from Sedona, and Prescott - 1 hour from Sedona. There are many more classes offered there. If you are looking for the old fashioned College - 4 year - Flagstaff is the closest.
Barbara Baker
Web Reference: http://www.barbarabaker.com
Lee's correct, but I wanted to add that there is a very nice Verde Valley Campus for Yavapai College (junior college) in Clarkdale, about 20-25 minutes from West Sedona. It is headquartered in Prescott, about 1hr and 15 minutes away. NAU is about 45 minutes to an hour.

There's also Embry-Riddle in Prescott (aerospace I believe) and ASU (Arizona State University) in Phoenix, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away.

Beth Larsen, Accredited Buyer Representative
Zaki Gordon is the Film School here in Sedona, located adjacent to a branch of the excellent Yavapai College. Also nearby, in Flagstaff is Northern Arizona University.
You will find many adjunct learning opportunities in Sedona as well, especially in the arts.

Lee Congdon, PhD, Certified Residential Specialst