Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Joker, Home Buyer in Lakewood, NJ

What are the negatives of buying a home a Horizons @ Woodlake Greens? The homes are beautiful but they seem to have a problem in selling them.

Asked by Joker, Lakewood, NJ Sat Feb 13, 2010

What is the best fairy new active community for the money, activities for the money, etc. in Ocean County? What is your opinion as to the best active community for the money in the Lakewood, Manchester, Jackson, Toms River area? Our house is for sale and when we sell it I want to move into the best community with homes in the $300M-$400M price range.

Answers

3
Joker,

The "best" adult community for any buyer is relative to the individual (i.e., your needs and wants). I do a good portion of my business in adult communities in the areas you mention and each buyer is different. Some prefer developments with not so many homes, others don't mind developments with 300+ homes. Some like to be close to the parkway because their children are "up north" and like the easy access. Etc., etc.

In my view, the MOST important factors for any adult community buyer are the taxes and monthly maintenance fees. If your future financial situation has you living solely off a social security check, you want to be sure that these fees aren't that high. And, keeping in mind that if you are currently purchasing with a spouse and in time find yourself living alone, you will need to be sure you can carry the property. Too often I find adult community residents who thought they were purchasing their final home, having to resell because they can no longer afford the fees.

Francesca Patrizio, ePro
Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
These are very nice! There are so many adult communities to choose from in Ocean County so it takes time to make such a big purchase when you are considering an Adult Community.
I think there aren't any negatives. It is a beautiful spot. Construction has been held up do to the Kara bankruptcy in 2007 and the housing collapse in 2008-2009. From what I know Maplewood (the current homebuilder) has just started marketing it again and they say they have signed a few contracts during the last few weeks. I think there prices are great and it will sell out quickly now that they have begun marketing it again.