Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Donnadel, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

What are the most established, safest neighborhoods in Jacksonville FL? We are looking for older homes with

Asked by Donnadel, Philadelphia, PA Sun Aug 23, 2009

lots of beautiful features, public water and sewer, sidewalks and NO homeowner's association.

Answers

8
Hi Donnadel - I see that you're in Philadelphia -- when will you be visiting us? You mention lots of "beautiful features" -- what do you mean? High ceilings, large windows, crown moulding or a new top of the line kitchen? More detail will enable you to more accurately close in on what it is that you are looking for. There's actually a LOT of great and useful information on Wikipedia about Jacksonville and the many wonderful neighborhoods that we have. Most of the new home communities have homeowner's associations and CDD (community development district) fees but most of the historic neighborhoods like Avondale, Ortega and Riverside don't. I work as a team with Caroline Powell of Prudential Network Realty and our office is in the historic district of Avondale. We specialize in the area and have lots of great listings. Take a look at our website http://www.allaboutavondale.com and let us know when you'll be in town -- we'd love to help. Sometimes searching by zip code is useful. 32204 is Riverside, 32205 is Avondale and 32210 is Ortega. Thanks! Allison
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 6, 2009
Jacksonville is the largest area landwise in the united states. Some of the older areas are safe and well established like you described, Avondale, Ortega, San Marco, Riverside, but You really have to visit or find a truly detailed website. You'll find this page very helpful in finding an area to live in Northeast Florida:
Hi Donnadel,
To add to the already great information, you could also consider the beach towns of St. Augustine and Fernandina Beach. There are some charming older neighborhoods. It really depends on your price range.

We live on the west side of the river and the communities of Riverside-Avondale-Ortega-Venetia are very charming and popular neighborhoods. You can find everything from 50's ranch style homes to 1920-1940s Prairie style, Craftsman, Mediterranean and Four Square homes. Henry J.Klutho, a protege of Frank Lloyd Wright, moved from New York after the great fire of 1901 in Jacksonville and built many homes here. I remember reading that Jacksonville has more examples of Craftsman style architecture than any other city in America (can't remember where I saw it, but let me say the architecture is very charming in our older neighborhoods) Jacksonville has been a popular choice for filming because it can look like any part of the country.

On the east side, definitely San Marco. Another agent recommended Beauclerc which is beautiful but the homes are newer than the classic 1920-1940s style of San Marco and Avondale/Riverside.

Since you are from a large metropolitan area, either San Marco or Avondale/Riverside would appeal to you because of their shopping areas within walking distance and their proximity to downtown.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Sharon Alters
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamalters.com/

Chose a realtor you can trust first, then go with his or her suggestions. We have all sorts of properties that can meet your needs.

Blaine Rabe
904-874-0814
Web Reference: http://www.blainerabe.com
Hi Donnadel,

First, I would like to congratulate you for choosing the Sunshine State, Jacksonville FL! Jacksonville as you probably already know is the largest city in the U.S. state of Florida and has so many places to choose from.

There's Beauclerc in Mandarin - Like the real estate market, Beauclerc’s economy and job market is steady and diversified, the school districts are exceptional, and the various recreational and cultural amenities abundant. Beauclerc’s subtropical climate draws many to this region and features mild winters and warm summers that can reach into the high 90s during the summer months. Home prices in Beauclerc are currently steady and strong, making this the perfect time to invest in your dream property.

That's just one of them! I would love to send you listings of homes based on your specifications, price range included.

I can be reached at jaxhomes@titagarcia.com or 866-325-1937.

I look forward to assisting you with your real estate needs.

Tita Garcia
Keller Williams Realty Jacksonville
"Your Trusted Realtor For All Your Reals Estate Needs!"
Web Reference: http://www.titagarcia.com
Hi Donnadel, The first place I'd look if finding a beautiful historic home is your priority isRiverside- Avondale, two wonderful neighborhoods stretching alond the banks of the St John's river immediately south and west of downtown. Both neighborhoods are on the National Register of Historic Places and contain a wide variety of architecural styles and price ranges. Many of the homes date from the 1920's
and are maintained with pride by their current owners. Check out the neighborhood website, http://www.riverside-avondale.com, to see more. Then call me,I live in the heart of this great neighborhood and would be glad to help you if this is the place you choose.
Good luck, Jason Lindsay, REALTOR, 904-894-6587
Donnadel,

There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Jacksonville with wonderfully individual homes, are safe with good schools, etc... In most cases, people tend to think that the gated communities, such as Marsh Landing and Deerwood and many others, are safest, but you will almost always have a HOA. Neighborhoods/areas such as San Marco and Miramar are wonderful with older homes and good schools and no HOA, but not all have public sewer, many have septic. I agree with Charlie. Your best bet is to enlist the help of a real estate agent that can do the legwork for you. We can search MLS for many of these requirements and come up with great areas for you and your family! We do not cost a buyer anything and we will work hard for you to find the perfect home. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me!

Holly
thehayesteam@prudentialnetwokrrealty.com
904-537-4473 cell
Hi Donnadel,

There are many great communities in the Jacksonville area considering that Jacksonville is about 850 square miles in size. Location will be determined by the type of house you are looking for and your price target. My recommendation would be to contact an agent, who won't cost you anything, speak with him or her discussing just what it is you are looking for in a home. As an accredited buyer's representative (ABR) I have worked with many out of town buyers successfully complete their home purchase transaction in a minimum amount of time. I can be contacted toll free at 877-331-3359 where I'm available most evening until 7 PM or by email at yourrealtor@att.net.

All the best
Charlie Chorman
REALTOR
877-331-3359
yourrealtor@att.net
(Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
Web Reference: http://jaxhomesinfo.com