Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

Walter, Home Owner in Emeryville, CA

What are the most desirable condos/townhomes in Danville / San Ramon area? 9005 Alcosta, 394 Ilo Lane, Reflections, etc. $275k max price

Asked by Walter, Emeryville, CA Fri May 27, 2011

Answers

6
HI Walter,

Sorry, I was showing homes....

The last 3 bedroom rental that rented in the Vinter through the MLS was MLS 40499647 that rented in January. It was on the market 52 days. They started at $1700, then reduced to $1650 and rented for $1650.

Vickie Nagy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Your son lives at vintners, I see a 3bed 2 bath for sale for $189k, is this not a good investment? How much are the going rents?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Yes thank you for the responses. The purchase is as an investor-want to rent it out & achieve cash flow.
Hello Walter,

I don't know if you are an investor or owner occupant, but here's the 'skinny'.

Reflections is in the midst of litigation. HOA against the developer. Litigation = high risk in the opinion of lenders. If the HOA loses, they have their legal bills to pay, the developer's legal bills and will be paying for their own repairs. So 'banks' won't make loans on the units. If there is HUD unit then you can get a HomePath loan on the unit, because "Ist there litigation" is not one of the questions for their loan requirements.

9005 Alcosta is in The Vinter. Drive in. Look around. Needs some sprucing up. I heard about an upcoming special assessment, so I had my son call in to the managment/HOA (he lives there). They are due for a special assessment for repairs to carports, fences, etc. He was told that the assessment would probably be $8,000 to $12,000 per unit. It's not a current assessment yet, so the purchase contract does not call on the seller to pay it. There is an HOA rule AGAINST having washer/dryer in unit.

No info for you on Ilo Lane, but I suggest you dig!

Vickie Nagy
It really depends on what you are looking for. Will you be living here or are you an investor? How many bedrooms do you want and is a garage important. If the complex is involved in litigation, then you will not be able to get financing (Reflections)

Bollinger Canyon, Siena Hills, Norris Canyon are nice worth a look.
I think the most desirable condos in San Ramon are Siena Hills followed by Crestview. There is only 188 units in the complex. They are situated in the hills above the golf course with views of Bishop Ranch and the surrounding hills. The HOA fees are very reasonable and low. They also do not have any pending lawsuits etc.
They are definetely worth a look.