Joe Shreud, Home Buyer in Yorktown Heights, NY

What are the low tax towns/villages in Westchester?

Asked by Joe Shreud, Yorktown Heights, NY Mon Feb 22, 2010

Rockland County should be a lot less in taxes. If that interests you please get in touch with me. Allan
Greenwich CT is just over the border and the taxes are 75% lower than most Westchester towns...
White Plains is pretty good on taxes, but you must shop around or get a buyers agent.
Web Reference:
Hi Joe,

I would also add White Plains to the mix of lower tax towns (not all houses there, but it is not bad tax-wise compared to others). Be aware that in Westchester, house tax bills can vary widely within the same township, so don't exclude a town because you think the taxes will be too high. Have that be a criteria you have your buyer's agent use when they are looking for properties for you.

Let me know if I can be of further help,

(718) 432-5000 ext.601 (Office)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
Hi Joe,

If you are looking for a single family home, with property taxes under $10,000, then consider towns like Peekskill, Yorktown Heights, North Salem, Mount Kisco, South Salem, Yonkers, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle. If you prefer condos, then you might also consider Peekskill, Yorktown Heights, Somers, Port Chester. If you are looking to buy a multi-family then consider Yonkers.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
I thought property taxes were really high in Port Chester - aren't they?
Flag Fri Sep 26, 2014
Armonk is one of the best towns for low taxes as it has IBM and other corporations contributing. You can search the listings on my website at
Web Reference: