divescott, Home Buyer in Monmouth Beach, NJ

What are the disadvantages of living on a property close to a woods and marsh in Orange Park, Florida?

Asked by divescott, Monmouth Beach, NJ Fri Apr 26, 2013

i grew up right on the south end of doctor's lake. mainly, you only have to worry about bugs and snakes. we never flooded down there and the gators stayed in the lake. it was great!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Like Heidi, I think the advantages do outweigh the disadvantages. Having said that....I would be mindful of the wildlife on the edge of woods and marsh. There are birds of prey like hawks and owls that will swoop down at night looking for smaller animals. So if you have pet rabbits, chihuahuas, or chickens you may want to be sure everyone is in before dusk.
I live near wood, wetlands and a man made retention pond in zip 32003, close to Orange Park, The only disadvantage would be bugs and snakes. The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages! We see a lot of birds, eagles, egrets, ducks etc. Plus have the advantage of privacy in our backyard.