Home Buying in Fort Collins>Question Details

forest, Home Buyer in Fort Collins, CO

What are the demographics of the Arrowhead Neighborhood in Fort Collins? Is it improving or declining? Is it mostly rentals or owner occupied? Age of

Asked by forest, Fort Collins, CO Sat Jan 26, 2013

Answers

6
Assuming we're all on the same page about the location, I can tell you I have a listing in Countryside Park (http://www.trulia.com/property/3040907233-807-Tracey-Pkwy-Fo…). If it used to be called Arrowhead, I didn't know that. But I do know that its unincorporated (not part of FTC), unless something has changed recently. It is a neighborhood in "change" with both well-kept and poorly kept homes. My judgment is that if one bought a 3 br/2ba 1200sf home there now in the 150's, which should not require much TLC, and one planned to stay for a while (not flip), one would have a nice home that has reasonably appreciated over the next 5 years. Its geographic location is great--next to a natural area, a very nice rural subdivision (Box Elder Estates, I believe), easy access to Mulberry and downtown FTC, and an I-25 interchange just south on Prospect. There are very few single family homes available anywhere else in FTC in this price range. Great for 1st timer or investor.
Hi Forest,

Now that we've cleared up the location of the homes you are looking at are in Arrowhead/Countryside, I can definitely say that I cannot recommend this neighborhood. You know what they say? Location, location, location. If you're interested in a project I'd look for a cheaper home in a nicer location and then fix it up to your heart's desire.
To all...Forest is not talking about the luxury condos/townhomes on Cenre Ave. See his reply to Sean's first response and my second response. Arrowhead was historically the name of a small community which we now know as Countryside, located by the Riverbend Ponds Natural Area, which is now just a part of Fort Collins. Check out Google Maps...type in "Arrowhead, Fort Collins, CO" and see where it takes you.
Gotcha. I'm still getting used to the "Reply" feature here, didn't see that reply.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
originally, I think The Arrowhead development was intended for a mature buyer wanting to downsize but still have a high-end feel with many amenities that could come in handy such as medical facilities, the Senior Center, shopping and just a 2 minute bike ride to the bike path. And, of course, right near CSU. That said, the buyer population is diverse and it looks like it will be a great place to be whether or not you are retiring or just want to be in the middle of everything without the busyness of Old Tow.n. I can check and see what the ratio of owner occupied vs. investor is. The units are gorgeous and if i didn't have so many dogs, I'd be considering them myself. If you are still interested, give me a call. 970-227-9806. Mary
Forest is actually referring to the Countryside neighborhood east of Timberline.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Forest,

If you are thinking of the neighborhood backing up to the Riverbend Ponds, I'm thinking you are talking about the Countryside neighborhood (Cherly St, Alan St, Countryside, Darren St, Joanne St, etc). Assuming that is the neighborhood you are talking about, I've seen some homes in the neighborhood which have been nicely remodeled, and I've seen some that need a lot of work.

There were quite a few that went into foreclosure in that neighborhood when the market turned down, and many of those have since been purchased and flipped, or purchased by people who are living in them and fixing them up as they go. It's become popular for flips because homes in that price range are moving fast, so investors have come in and bought many of the foreclosures and fixed them up for resale.

Are you looking for something for yourself or are you looking for an investment/flip? I'd be happy to help however I can. Just call or text any time at 970-412-9435. Hope that helps.
Thank you. Yes, that is the neighborhood. The purchase would be for us, and we would like a house where we can do some work and make the house our own. Thanks for the offer of help.
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013
As this is still a very new development, I'm not sure thatyou can tell if improving or declining. There are a total of 9 listings there, and 4 have closed, so 5 are still available. It seems that all that have been listed are either still listed or sold, so that is good news.

I would assume that you will have more owner occupied at this point, just due to the price point of these units.

If you'd like to get in to see some of them, I'd be happy to help you with that. Feel free to write me at Sean@HawaiianShirtGuy.com. Thanks for your time!
I think you are thinking of the wrong place. I am inquiring about the Arrowhead neighborhood that backs up to the Riverbend Ponds Natural Area, not the new Arrowhead building currently under construction. Thanks for replying
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013