Home Buying in Bethany Beach>Question Details

cindila3, Home Buyer in Bethany Beach, DE

What are the condo fees for Sea Colony east Chesapeak bldg? Ground Rent?

Asked by cindila3, Bethany Beach, DE Thu Jan 24, 2013

Answers

4
Chris Kavanagh’s answer
Greetings from Bethany Beach. The ground rent is $2,000 per year, the HOA fee is $2112 per year and the condo fees range from $4,280-$8,769 depending on the property.

Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, De 19930

302-829-9068 (direct)
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
I am looking on line at 1 bedroom units what would the condo fees be for that?
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
By the way, the condo fee was just raised recently in Sea Colony. Contact me for more information about any property in the area..
Sea Colony is a beautiful beach resort and yes, there are condo and HOA fees and ground rent as listed below. Including in your costs though is unlimited use of the 38 tennis courts, four being indoor and available all year round, two more are now being built as we speak. 15 of those tennis courts are Har Tru.

Additionally, Sea Colony has biking trails, two indoor pools (including lap pools), hot tubs, kiddy pools, two fitness centers, an array of fitness classes including Zumba and Yoga for use by owners and guests.

Your fees include the maintenance of the exterior of all the buildings, event he single family 5 bedroom homes(including roofs, siding and decks). All roads are maintained and all landscaping is professional managed.

There are kids programs in the summer time, and plenty of things to do off season. A wonderful place! If you need anymore info, please do not hesitate to contact me, as I am a Sea Colony Owner too. Dolores Pack, Long and Foster, Bethany Beach, De. 302 5390 6969 Direct.
Yes, the HOA/Community fee is $2112 / year. The Ground rent is currently capped at $2,000 / year, but varies per unit. There are six units available in Chesapeake right now with ground rents of: $1960, $1871, $2,000 and another unit pays $2,000. The remaining two units have paid off the ground rent and are fee simple, which any homeowner can do. There is a large range for the condo fee. I have one listed in Chesapeake: 110, which has over $42,000 of rental income, which would pay all your fees, insurance and a good portion of your mortgage. If you need further assistance, please call me directly at (302) 858 - 3234.

Brendan