Suzanne Will…, Home Buyer in Asheville, NC

What are the better neighborhoods?

Asked by Suzanne Williams, Asheville, NC Fri Apr 6, 2012

We might consider A. to relocate to. We heard that crime and gangs has spread even into this beautiful city. Where should a retired couple look? Would like some distance from neighbors but not isolated. Price range around 250,000...

Answers

4
Pam Abernethy’s answer
Hi Paula,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Are you looking for the better neighborhoods in Black Mountain, East Asheville (Reynolds District), Fairview or Asheville, South? Are you willing to move to North Asheville, or Madison County? I look forwrd to hearing from you.
My Best Regards,
Pam Abernethy
828-273-3317
Pam@exitrealtyvistas.com
I would consider Crowfields in the prestigious Biltmore Forest area of South Asheville. Close to I 26 and Airport. Convenient banks, grocery stores, Pharmacies, restaurants. Established well funded association. Beautiful grounds. Open with a center lake and streams. Clubhouse and pool. Active community with monthly socials. Residences have large rooms and include both townhouses and villas. Ideal for those moving down from a private home. You may have to increase your price range some but would end up with a quality residence
I love the Black Mountain community. Although my office is in Downtown Asheville, at the end of the day I drive home to "Mayberry". We have a very active retired community and our town offers many activities through the rec department. There is a beautiful muni golf course, one of the best! And we have a wonderful little lake, Lake Tomahawk, with walking paths, community center, pool, tennis courts and even a croquette court. I love the small town feel with the locally owned hardware stores, all the shops, restaurants and outdoor adventures like hiking and fishing. Easy access to Asheville via 15 minutes on Interstate 40 or 10 miles on the four lane, Hwy 70. Visit the town website blackmountain.org and feel free to give me a call anytime if you would like "first hand" information. 828.775.1485 Paula Cooper
Hi Suzanne,

On my website under the tab "local scoop" you will find a link to the police department. You can put in an address and learn what kind of criminal activity may have occurred around it. I have also had folks call the police department. Legally we cannot say much due to the Fair Housing Act. That said there are several great neighborhoods that you may like. I can set up a search for you if you can give me more particulars as to size of house and minimum acreage. Other information as to whether certain features such as basement, garage, master on main, are important to you.

I have helped many retirees moving to this lovely area. I will be happy to help you.

Debbie

Deborah H. Francis, GRI, ABR, ePRO, GREEN, SFR, Fine Homes Specialist, CRS Candidate
Prudential Lifestyle Realty
7 Orchard St., Ste 101
Asheville, NC 28801
cell: 828-553-9019; mailto:deborah@dhfrancis.com
website: http://www.liveinashevillehome.com/
"Your move is my mission"