Home Buying in Los Alamitos>Question Details

Irvineseller, Home Seller in Irvine, CA

What are the best school districts around North Orange County? Los Alamitos? Others? What are best areas to move to in Los Alamitos area and others?

Asked by Irvineseller, Irvine, CA Sat Jul 31, 2010

Answers

5
Hello Irvineseller,

In my not so humble opinion Los Alamitos Unified is a great school district!

My son went there K -12 and I could not have been more pleased with the quality of his education.

The High School offers something for everyone. From the Mock United Nations, to award winning sports teams, drama, vocal music, dance, and even graphic arts this school has it all.

Los Alamitos School district is often used as a "perk" in deciding on buying a home in Seal Beach or Los Alamitos.

Kawain Payne, Happy Parent of a Los Al graduate.
Los Alamitos' six elementary schools each earned a medal in the Register's 2010 survey of public elementary schools – four gold medals, one silver and one bronze – a performance that propelled it to No. 1 among Orange County school districts with elementary campuses. Click here to see our database of all 388 schools.

Its schools excelled in test scores, as well as offered a solid environment for students to learn. Four schools have an API score above 900, and the district boasts the second-lowest average class size of 22 students.
Clara Young, a parent at Springbrook Elementary in Irvine Unified, said she was disappointed her district was not ranked at the top. Still, she said she was proud of her district.

Districts like Tustin Unified, Newport-Mesa Unified and Orange Unified ranked in the middle after each had individual campuses rank in the top 10, but also had schools near the bottom.

» Submit a video
Article

At Los Alamitos Unified, success isn't just a goal, it's an expectation, say the district's parents, teachers and principals.

"All the schools here do an extraordinary job of teaching students, and it shows by our test scores and by the number of families moving here just for the schools," said Erin Kominsky, the principal at Weaver Elementary.

« Read article

Click here to load this Caspio Bridge DataPage.

Article

« Read article
Sponsored Links
Dear I. Seller,

Since the two agents who have weighed in so far are so "Rossmoor-centric" (and I can't say that I blame them), I'll tell you that there are other areas of Los Al than just Rossmoor and Seal Beach. There's also College Park (off Lampson and backing the 405, though there is a very high sound wall) as well as what I'll refer to as the "race track tract" with streets named after horse racing tracks.

Most of these areas feed into Los Alamitos High School though some will feed into Cypress schools as well. We here in Huntington Beach are pretty proud of our schools as well as are the citizens of Fountain Valley.

In other words, there are lots of good school districts around Orange County. If I can be of assistance, feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com
I am a Los Alamitos HS graduate ( a Blue Ribbon school), and went to all of the elementary schools in Rossmoor growing up. I still live here in Rossmoor, homes haven't been selling too too close to $2M anymore, more recently even the brand new customs where owners were trying to get $2m for a long time, have finally smelled the coffee & have dropped. $1.6-1.7M is about the absolute max right now and on the low side, about $580K.

However over the past 6mos., prices have bounced back a bit. For a home not on Martha Ann, not backing the 605fwy, about $650k would be about the lowest.

I currently create the (optional- only $20/yr hoa dues, we hope you will join) Rossmoor Homeowner's Association newsletter, I'd be happy to send you the latest copy & talk to you anytime about the wonderful things Rossmoor has to offer! I can also let you know about Rossmoor Highlands which is just on the East side of Los Alamitos Blvd.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053
Realtor Since 1996
LOS ALAMITOS SCHOOL DISTRICT without a doubt. The community of Rossmoor, is by far the most beautiful part of the school district. I have raised three daughters here for 18 years. Homes go from 600's to close to 2 million for the mega mansions, but no cookie cutter homes. There are three elementary schools tucked inside. I filmed a video yesterday of the neighborhood and as soon as it is ready (currently downloading) I will forward it to you. I believe Rossmoor is 94% owner occupied with families while Seal Beach (also part of the district) is more single people and about 45% owner occupied. I will gather more precise data and send with video.

P.S. I am an amateur at filming!

Sharon Anderson
SimplyRossmoor.com
homesinlosalamitosschooldistrict.com

Specializing in LAUSD School District Homes