Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Rebecca, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

What are the best neighborhoods/part of town to look for? Do the home prices drop in the winter? Thanks!

Asked by Rebecca, Las Vegas, NV Fri Aug 17, 2012

Hi! I'm looking to buy a condo for a rental/investment that later will be a second home (winter use). My budget is under $75,000. Looking for a 2 bedrooms, ground level.

Answers

11
John J. Longeway’s answer
Hi Rebecca,
There are plenty of condominiums $75,000 or less.
Unless you are paying cash however you may find financing to be a little difficult in this market.
I have some suggestions I would like to share with you.
Please call, text or email me at your earliest convenience.
John J. Longeway
Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Southern Nevada
Office: 702-777-0002
Fax: 702-777-9815
web: http://jjlongeway.kwrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 18, 2012
Hello, one of the best things about Las Vegas is that there is not necessarily a "good" or "bad" part of town. Location would depend on what your needs and preferences are while you are in town. Price is going to be based on demand at the time you are looking, we are currently experiencing a shortage of listed properties so prices are rising. Please feel free to take a look at my website for a free search of available property http://www.VegasHomesbyMikeStone.com or you can reach me on my cell 702-824-4011. Good luck to you in your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi, Rebecca.

Please allow me to cut through the chase. I won't be correcting anyone's spelling or grammar...or eluding your question about the "best" neighborhoods. The bottom line is: Agents aren't allowed by law to express their opinions on subjective feelings.

If, by "best" you mean, price, there's a place to look for that: http://www.lvmpd.com/. If you are referring to crime, there's a place to find that also. ETC...

If you are interested in more information on making a sound mind purchase and when to do so, please feel free to visit our "no holds barred" website for the real deal on buying properties in Las Vegas, NV.

Furthermore, we STRONGLY urge you to decide whether it will be for investment OR personal use. There are so many factors involved with both and they are very much so different...I mean...the entire process...from what to look for, how much to spend, and when to do it. It is not feasible for one to say "well, I want it for both purposes"...it simply isn't. (that is, if you want the TRUTH).

http://lvpropertysearch.com/las-vegas-real-estate

Thanks for inquiring...

LV Property Search
It depends what you are looking for, we just purchased a house cash that needs some cosmetic work. We have spent time out there fixing it up , now renting for a vacation rental. We were not sure which route we wanted to go when purchased if we wanted to rent full time or vacation rentals. We just had to make sure it was in a area where people want to rent for vacation..ie close to strip, pool etc. At the time of purchase we were not 100% which route we were going to take but did allot of research and spent time out there to look at areas. We are in OH so we use a property mgmt company to help us out, it has been working out great. If it does not continue to work out then we will look to rent full time. I would suggest spend some time out in Vegas and check out areas you like and what the rent is going for in that area. Good Luck
Flag Thu Sep 6, 2012
I haven't heard of the "summer land" neighborhood of Las Vegas either but I personally live in Summerlin and am very familiar with the area :-)

Michael Stone, REALTOR
Keller Williams The Marketplace I
http://www.VegasHomesbyMikeStone.com
702-824-4011
Did some agent below really just say "Summer land?"
I like anything west of Ceasars Palace, halfway between the "Strip" and Summerlin.
Gated community with pool and clubhouse. Check out foreclosures and short sales to get a decent size 2 bed,2 bath that solsd for over $225,000 in 2006 and now selling in the $75,000 range

. Prices are a little softer in Dec and Jan. Cechk out todays foreclosure deals on website

David Cooper 702-499-7037
Kim and I have been in Vegas since 76. We are a full service real estate and property management company and have been in business close to 23 years. My wife and I specialize working with buyers/investors. We would be glad to share with you the best areas for that amount of money. We currently manage 350 properties and only 12 vacencies. Please call any time and we'll share our business model with you. Thanks, Matt and Kim.

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
If you're looking for something under $75,000 in the current market you may be limited on some of the communities that you have to choose from. However, there are still some really nice areas around the Las Vegas valley that would work for your price range. It would be beneficial for you to take a trip out here to see the areas for yourself, since only you would be able to decide what areas you consider are the best for you.

In regards to your question about the prices fluctuating down in the winter; I personally haven't noticed much of a price drop during the winter here in Las Vegas. I believe it's because we do not have the heavy snow/rain conditions that many other parts of the country have. That's usually the reason most housing markets slow down in the winter. Las Vegas is actually quite pleasant during the fall & winter months. This is why many retirees own second homes here, so they can escape the heavy winters in their home towns.

Michael Parks
Broker (CDPE, CSP) http://www.LasVegasHousingExperts.com
702-818-1700
Rebecca
Thank You for your question.
There are so many great neighborhoods and communities in Las Vegas. I have lived in Las Vegas since 1971 and have watched it grow. I live in the Northwest part of town so I love that area. Some people prefer the Henderson Green Valley Area. Of course Summerlin is the planned community used around the country as a model master planned community. To answer your question about prices. Supply and demand are the largest part of the price equation. Right now many areas of the country are experiencing a shortage of inventory and Las Vegas is feeling the pinch also. The market is always changing. You will need a very experienced agent in this market. I am always available to answer any questions you have.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
SuzieM@RealtyOneLV.com
Rebecca, there are a lot of great areas here in the Las Vegas Valley. Summer land area is newer, and beautiful . Henderson just made Forbes Top 100 Safest Cities list at # 2! I live in Henderson and just LOVE it here!
Beware of high HOA fees sometimes associated with condo properties. Your Henderson/Las Vehas Realtors can advise you further .
Sincerely, Terri Estrada
The areas most frequently requested by my second home buyers and investors are Green Valley and Summerlin. However, the "best" neighborhood is the one that has what you're looking for. It's a question that no agent can responsibly answer without first determining your wants and needs, Rebecca. Prices rise and fall with demand and supply. I have a strategy that helps my clients save money, but keep in mind that supply is low right now.