Home Buying in Carmel>Question Details

Relocarmel, Home Buyer in Carmel, IN

What are the best neighborhoods in Carmel for newcomers to the area with kids?

Asked by Relocarmel, Carmel, IN Tue Mar 20, 2012

Answers

9
Andrew Neal’s answer
Delaware Trace, Moffitt Farms, Plum Creek Neighborhoods, and there are several older neighborhoods that match every price point. I have an area on my site that talks about Carmel neighborhoods if you want to look in more detail, go to http://dealwithneal.com/category/local/carmel/

Happy searching feel free to call me if you want to talk about the neighborhoods in more detail! 317-513-7695
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 19, 2012
foster estates is a great kid friendly neighbor , also smokey ridge......stay away from areas like Village on the Monon, and Ballantrae sub. they are mainly neighbors that are over priced and very high hoa fees...plus Ballantrae is sitting on 146th street which is to be widened to a four lane busy hwy!
i agree ballantrae is not a good location....the road is to be widened soon! property value is going to suffer .....
Flag Sat Apr 14, 2012
You cannot go wrong in almost all the neighborhoods in Carmel. It is a great community with excellent schools & very family oriented. It really depends on what price range. We can send/email you listings through our MIBOR Gateway if we have your search parameters (price, BD's, BA's, square footage, etc.). I moved to Carmel to raise my children!
which area exactly you advice to buy house which zip code cause am looking for house to buy
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013
Hi Newcomers,

Check out Woodland Springs. It's a very active community with club houses, pools, tennis courts and swim teams that draw from the neighborhood and surrounding area, where you'll see joggers and groups of walking enthusiasts on the sidewalks. It is located 1/2 mile east of Keystone between 106th - 116th streets, about 7 minutes from 465. Each 4th of July the neighborhood launches hundreds of fireworks over the lake located in its center. Popular shopping, dining and banking are just 1/2 mile away and the elementary school is right in the neighborhood. Prices range from $750k - mid $100k's.

We also have other neighborhoods near schools and parks. Please call, I would be happy to help you.

Marita
Assoc Broker
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
317.513.4652
Williamson Run is a fantastic, family-friendly neighborhood on 106th Street, just East of Keystone. Kids participate in Swim Team, Play Groups, Christmas and Halloween Parties, Easter Egg Hunts and more! Parents participate in Dining Club, Wine Tasting, Pool Parties, Book Club, Mom's Night Out and more! Neighborhood features Pool, Tennis Courts, Playground, Clubhouse, Nature Trails, Creek, Fishing Ponds and more! Homes are priced between $300,000 - $450,000 and feature basements, Mature Trees and large lots. Closest proximity to amenities and highways in Carmel. Easiest commute for folks who have to get anywhere in the city.
There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Carmel. In what price range are you looking?

Terri Wilcox
FC Tucker Co
terwilcox@aol.com
Carmel is an awesome city to live and raise kids in. The schools are top notch. There really isn't a bad neighborhood in the area. If you have a specific price range I can get you more information. Good Luck with your search and let me know if I can be of assistance.
Hi, I write a blog at http://www.mycarmelblog.com and you can click on neighborhoods to learn more about them. Living in Carmel gives you discounted rates to the Monon Center (there is a blog post on that as well) and the park system in general is great! If you haven't been to the Children's museum downtown, that is also a great highlight. If you'd like a tour of the neighborhoods, just let me know. I love to introduce new people to our city! Welcome to Indy!!
The Village of WestClay. Checkout my website @ http://www.everythingcarmel.com and http://www.Brenwick.com