Big, Other/Just Looking in 10019

What are the best days & times to have an open house?

Asked by Big, 10019 Sun Aug 18, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

11
Jill Subes’ answer
I agree with Donna , Price it right and it will have many serious buyers coming with agents. Even if you are selling on your own there are many agents willing to show your home in this market if you are willing to pay their commission.
Generally, open houses are done on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. However, I have had success with some properties doing open houses at other times. For example, I had a waterfront home with beautiful sunset views and had a very well attended "Sunset Wine & Cheese" open house.
In my 19 yrs of experience open houses in new york do not work they bring alot of nosy neighbors and lookers. The most serious buyers come by appt and accompanied by an agent and have been already been pre qualified
The short answer to "What are the best days & times to have an open house?" is anytime you believe buyers will come to see the home.

In San Jose, Cupertino and Saratoga, it seems that between 1-4, 1:30-4:30 and 2-5 on Saturday and Sunday are all good times. I've held afternoon open houses on high-traffic streets such as Bollinger, Johnson and Miller in San Jose with Lynbrook High.

I've also held sunset open house in early evening (5-8) for homes with views and/or beautiful sunsets.
Good afternoon,

There are various factors to take into account when scheduling an open house. Aside from marketing the event, you need to make sure that the weather is on your side that week, and it is a holiday free week.

It is usually best to conduct your open house on the weekend, when you will have a much more likely chance of attracting home buyers. Of course, a home that is priced right will sell quickly and will likely lead to a very successful open house!

Bryant Mero
EXIT Realty Search
917- 327-7870
Bryant@exitrealtysearch.com
Certified Buyers Representative

If you thought my answer was helpful please give me a "Thumbs-Up" or "Best Answer"

Web Reference: http://bryantmero.com/
Whenever there is the most chance of getting a lot of people. Usually the week end works best.
If you are listed with an agent, ask him/her the question. If you are a for sale by owner asking agents such a question, are you sure you are up to the task....
Sundays 2-4 but stay until 5the if you need to.

If the home for sale is near a church have the Open house start 15 min before that church service ges out. But have your open house signs out one hour before the services begine.

Do not have it a wee before the holidays. I always find a Sunday from 1230 to 230 or 1 -3 busier then a Saturday. Busy does not mean the house will sell. Once again price the house right, get rid of clutter and personal objects. Have it painted and look clean and the house should sell on its own merit.
Well of course, its always important to consider the obvious...weather, holidays, vacation etc., However, the most important factor is whether or not your home is priced right because when its priced right THAT IS THE RIGHT TIME!
Ask your Realtor this question.