Home Buying in Riverside>Question Details

Imreveille,  in Riverside, CA

What are the best areas of Riverside, CA for young professionals?

Asked by Imreveille, Riverside, CA Mon Aug 1, 2011

I'm moving to Riverside, CA for my job and was wondering where the best areas/n'hoods are for young professionals. I'll be working downtown. I'd like to live near the city, and be close to good restaurants, and entertainment. I want to live in an area where there's plenty to do, and I definitely don't want to be out in the suburbs. I'd probably like to buy a condo as I'll be earning a pretty good income now.

Answers

5
Canyon Crest and the Riverside Plaza area's would be my top choices, for you to check out a see if it fits for you, both areas have a wide range of properties and prices, I'm sure you will find something in these area's to fit your needs.
Hello! We're sorry to be a bit late responding to your query, but if you are still actively looking for a home here, do check out the "WOOD STREETS" neighborhood. If you are a bit athletic, everything you have wished for is within walking distance. This is a vintage neighborhood which is quite stable for many years; Some homes here are in the 'condo' price range, and active listings here currently range from $129,000 to $749,000. This is a rather famous neighborhood with many different vintage styles and sizes to choose from. If you like, let Rosemary and I know, and we'll forward the latest neighborhood "WOOD STREETS SHEET" to you, either by email or snail mail. It has a lot of neighborhood information including recent home sales with prices and descriptions. Have a GREAT day! Larry and Rosemary
Hi there!
I don't know your other choices but having lived and worked in Riverside for most of my life, I am somewhat partial to it. If you choose to come to our beautiful city, I think it would be wise to look at all of the different areas to determine where you would be most comfortable. The downtown and University Village areas are probably the most "active" areas in the city with great restaurants, clubs and entertainment, but there are loads of other wonderful places you could call home here, all with equally redeeming amenities.

Condo options are limited in the downtown area, so that may be something to consider.

If you have any questions or want more information on any of the areas of Riverside, please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck to you!
Micki O"Toole
I am sure no one wants to appear to be directing you or steering you to a specific area due to the nature of your question. There are several nice area in the City of Riverside and the surrounding areas. It just depends on your price range. Feel free to contact me and I can help answer any questions you might have. I have lived in the general area since 1978.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
I just realized I worded my question wrong... Riverside is one of several cities I have the option of moving to for work. I haven't made a decision yet. I plan to visit 2-3 cities after I narrow down my choices, and I want to try and identify what areas of town I should be focusing on. Riverside is at the top of my list because my grandparents live there. Thanks for any help you can offer.