Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Francesco Be…, Home Owner in Cambridge, MA

What are the best areas in Cary for a young couple with no kids?

Asked by Francesco Berlanda, Cambridge, MA Wed Jan 30, 2013

I would like to be close to a nice park or golf course. My goal is a medium size house, 3 bedrooms, 300K $ max.
I will be working in Holly Springs, but my wife will be looking for a job and I want her to have a short commute to Raleigh, Chapel hill and Durham. Cary seems ideal for that, more so than other areas.
I would love a community pool/gym. Townhouse are good too, only if they allow my to stay in a better location for my price range. Another priority is the house must be an easy sell if I need to relocate again in a few years.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Cary

Answers

5

I see that you are from Cambridge. I am originally from Boston...Dorchester specifically.

Morrisville is the perfect place for you. I've lived in Morrisville for 3 years now, it is very close to Cary. There are several Preston communities and some are located right near the golf course. My job is in Raleigh and the commute is perfect. I drive against the flow of traffic. As a reference for you, kind of like when I lived in Dorchster and worked in Braintree. My commute is similar, if not a little more easy. I'm almost positive that the commute to Holly Springs would be a breeze for you as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

Another area is Apex, also very near Cary.

I hope everything works out well for you and your wife.

Warm Regards

P.S. I'm not a realtor, so this is just my opinion.
How are you? I hope all is well with and for you & your family.
At this time, I am renting in Morrisville so I can't speak on any homes specifically. However, there are several Preston communities in Morrisville. Like I mentioned, I've never been inside any of them but the outside of the houses and the properties they are on/in are BEAUTIFUL!
Honestly, my husband and I have a great sense of pride living in Morrisville. When we moved here from Raleigh people would ask where we moved to. Often times when we said Morrisville, people would respond with "Wow!" like we moved into a neighborhood they dreamed of living in. (Frame of reference, telling people we moved to Wellesley.) After living here a few years, we totally understand the reactions.
Another thing I did not mention is you will be very near many grocery stores, shops, GREAT restaurants and movie theaters. You will not want for anything living in Morrisville.
Again, I hope everything works out well for you.
Kind Regards
Flag Fri Feb 15, 2013
Hi! Thanks for you note, very appreciated!
Morrisvile seems indeed a good option. Is there any community that you would recommend? I'm looking online now, but I should be there in 2 weeks to have a look around.
Thanks again!
Francesco
Flag Fri Feb 15, 2013
Hi Francesco;
There are a number of good choices for you and we have several developments with the amenities you are looking for and a few with an Urban Feel with shops, places to eat, a gym and much more. And they are easy commutes to Holly Springs, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.
Give me a call or drop me a line so we can discuss your needs
Jim Bartlett - Cary Home Seller
919-961-1238
jim@caryhomeseller.com
Hello Francesco-

In response to your paragraph,( not your post title) there are several communities that have homes like you have described. Are you planning a visit anytime soon? I would love to show you and your wife what the area has to offer.

Matt Peedin is correct, we can't answer the question in your title, but your post has plenty of other information that would help me find a good location for you and your wife.

Tammi Knapp
Hi Francesco! Hope you are doing well today! To be honest, Realtors are not able to answer that question. I can point you to different attractions in the area. Many of the neighborhoods offers community pool/tennis. Rarely, do you see a gym. I'm glad to help you with your home search in the Cary area. I know it well.

Matt Peedin
919-210-8388
Hi Francesco: I agree -- sounds like Cary will be perfect for your needs. Cary is a big town and there are many areas that would fit the bill for you. I'd be happy to send you information on specific homes & neighborhoods. I've helped many folks find their dream home in Cary and the surrounding towns. I've worked extensively with folks who are relocating to our area, providing lots of great info such as schools, activities, restaurants, contractors, etc. -- much more than just buying a home, Get in touch & let me know how I may help you!
Elizabeth Scott, Realtor®, Broker
e-PRO, Strategic Pricing Specialist
Fathom Realty NC, LLC
Phone: 919.306.9699
TheSmartRealtorNC@gmail.com
http://www.Elizabeth.FathomRaleigh.com
http://www.TrianglePropertyLines.blogspot.com

Be Savvy…Call the Smart Realtor