Home Buying in Providence>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

What are the best areas for young professionals in Providence, RI?

Asked by Voices Member, Tue Aug 2, 2011

I have the option to move to Providence for my job, and I was wondering what are the best close-in areas to live for young professionals. I'm 25, and I'd like to live where there is always something to do. Prefer to live close to nice restaurants, and entertainment, shopping, easy commute to downtown, etc. (not necessarily college-age bars though) I don't want to be out in the suburbs.

I'm interested in buying a condo more than likely. I'll be earning a pretty decent income so affordability shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm mostly concerned with finding a good area with lots of other young professionals, and I'm sure I can deal with the housing choices I find there.

Answers

2
Joseph Del Sesto’s answer
Imreville, there are a couple of condo developments right in the heart of the City. If you love urban living, you will love it there. No need to have a car, you can always use a zip car if you need it. Everything you need is within walking distance. Restaurants and bars in and around the city are fantastic. We have water fire during the summer on the woonasquatucket river, you can google it and see some pictures. Providence has really come a long way in terms of it's culture, and it is a great place to live. Federal Hill offers a ton of night life, pleanty of clubs and restaurants. At Depasquale Plaza you can relax on a summer night in the plaza and have drinks outdoors, and listen to some live, talented singers, feels like Italy ! If you are coming out to visit to see the City, I'd be glad to show you around town. I could also send you some literature on the City if you like, and email you some condos that might fit your needs. Feel free to call me 401-942-2348 or drop me a line at joe@joedelsesto.com. Thanks. Joe
Web Reference: http://www.joedelsesto.com
There are many choices including living downtown Providence. It all depends upon what your specific criteria is for your home. As a Providence resident myself, I'd be happy to discuss your options. Feel free to contact me with questions or for information.

Tina Rose
New England Properties
Licensed in RI and MA
401-824-6262