Mike, Other/Just Looking in Saint Petersburg, FL

What are the best area to live in St. Pete? I want to live close to downtown.

Asked by Mike, Saint Petersburg, FL Tue Feb 14, 2012

I am in my late 20's and want to buy a single family home. I want to be somewhat close to I275. What areas should I look at? I have heard some bad things about parts of St. Pete.

Answers

5
What is your price range? Downtown area and the Old Northeast are more expensive.
$200K and above. You need to have an agent who is familiar with the area and experienced enough to lead you through the buying process. You also need to get pre-approved with a mortgage company/bank.
Please let me know if you would like me to send you a name of mortgage broker who can do that for you, no obligation of course.
I live in Old Northeast since 1993 and I am full time agent for the past 20 years.

Gina Przyborowski
Office: (727) 894-1600
Cell: (727) 278-5347
Email: soldbygina@gmail.com
Mike, There is a wide price range of single family homes close to downtown within a few miles. Just north of downtown is the popular historic "Old Northeast" neighborhood with an array of architectural styles. I'm sure I could help you find exactly what you are looking for. I've been a Realtor since 2006. I can set you up with a search that let's you search the mls.

Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
Regardless of where you are looking to move, it's important that you spend some time there. The biggest regret many buyers have is not knowing enough about the area before they purchased and ending up in an area that isn't as desireable as they thought. See homes in all the recommended areas by local agents and then spend some time their recreationally before submitting any offers.

Best of luck...
There are many areas of 33701,33703, and 33704 that are close to downtown that you may like, and they are close to the interstate! Here's a preview: http://www.saintpetersburgluxuryhomes.com/listings/propertyt…

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
727-755-3325
the Old Northeast, an area bound by 4th Street North and Beach Drive, and located between 5th Avenue North and 22nd Avenue North.