Marge Manning, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

What are the best Private High Schools in the Merritt Island area? Can be non -denominational or Christian based. Need excellent academics.

Asked by Marge Manning, Orlando, FL Wed Mar 13, 2013

Which high schools are competitive to get in?

Answers

5
Tarolyn Robinson’s answer
Merritt Island Christian is good. Some people send their children to Melbourne Central Catholic. I think there is a bus that takes them. Also, Holy Trinity is good. A lot of people try for the choice school Edgewood which is public and considered one of the best schools.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
what do you mean try for? I am looking for the BEST high school for my incoming freshman. I thought maybe starting in a private high school would be good for transition, but am open to all ideas. We want a waterfront property somewhere in the Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach area. Just not sure where the best schools are. Any input will be appreciated.
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
Hello, I am moving to Melbourne or Merritt Island in two months I am looking for a private high school with transportation that comes to the address we live not a pick up and drop off. I start work earlier then my daughter's school hours, I am willing to pay privately if there is any bus company around that offers this type of service. Thank you
I know it is subjective, and I have done SchoolDigger and GreatSchools.. I am finding a large number of "small" private schools with about 90 kids per grade... These websites give parent or student references and like any other online reviews...not sure what to make of them,especially when there are only a few and they are outdated. I thought maybe someone could give some insight as far as which are the most academically competitive. I know the ones in my area that people hold in high regard and which ones have great academic and sports programs... Sure it is subjective- but I could speak candidly about the pros and cons of each. I am looking for a high school that will academically challenge my child ( we are coming from the north east) and also provide a great mix of athletics- baseball and basketball. We prefer private because then everyone is "new" and it won't seem so difficult to get a start- however, will entertain a public school that fits the bill as well. This is to me, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of my move so if anyone can provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The question is subjective...See links for helpful information, also consider a visit to the schools of interest, see all firsthand...
http://www.greatschools.org/
http://www.schooldigger.com/
The following link takes you to a list of schools in the Merritt Island area:

http://maps.yahoo.com/businesses/?q=merritt%20island%2C%20fl…