Trueblue, Home Buyer in 32837

What are the best Orlando, FL areas to live in? By best I generally mean safe and relatively quiet.

Asked by Trueblue, 32837 Sat Jun 13, 2009

I am looking to buy a 2 story single family, detached home in Orlando FL. I would like it have a fenced backyard. Close proximity to Orlando International Airport and a supermarket is a plus. It should be a home under $180,000 and I am ready to buy now. Does anyone have any ideas or possibilities?

Thank you very much.

Answers

10
Hi Trueblue,
I notice nobody answered your "safe" question. My husband and brother work for the Orange Co. Sheriffs office, so I could help there...

As far as Quiet AND close to airport? I'd get as far away from the airplane noise, but quick access . Do you travel alot? Is this why you need to be close? There are many area's that offer quick drives to everywhere as long as you are in an area with access to I-4, 429, turnpike. I wouldn't let this limit my options.

Other considerations:
Do you have children? Are schools important? .
pool? yes/no/don't care?
why a 2 story? That limits your options, if important -fine, but just so you know.
Square feet? What is the minimum?
What about anything else that is important that we may not have thought of ie: year built? Kitchen, master bed size?

ADDITIONALLY, if you are ready to buy right now, STAY AWAY FROM short sales, they take forever to close, on the other hand - bank owned homes will give you a great deal. 6% buyer costs, low down pmt, quick answer, good price. I have a list of these that are not even on the market yet.

You need to have a search set up for you so you can get properties via email and narrow down the field if you are ready to move fast.

Once I know the answers to these questions, we can narrow down the field and you'll only get properties that meet your criteria so you don't wast your time.

Call me or email me and I'll get you started in the right direction, especially the 'safety issue'....
321-228-4663 or paulabean@homeorlando.com.

The most important thing to do is pick an agent you feel comfortable with and let them guide you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
Always fun to look at 4 year old questions. When this was asked there were a lot of possibilities, but now in 2013, not so much. Here's what I found:
http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1204197…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 3, 2013
Gay we need to chat !

I have seen your awesome posts and you are always very spot on and seem like a hard working, ethical agent. I don't work all over the world so I may have some referral business for you. email or call me and lets talk ;-)

OTOH - I'm not real fond of the link you gave (or any of them actually) to search crime stats - I've found them to be wrong in a lot of cases, but you can only do the best you can do. Crime is everywhere, you just need to be cautious and do what's necessary to prevent it from happening to you. The Orange Co. Sheriffs Office has classes on this, as well as many others ie: neighborhood watch programs, how to prevent personal crime, etc. I would highly recommend everyone to call their local law enforcement agencies and see if they offer these classes.

From experience living with an LEO, related to one and all their friends being in the business, some tips I could give would be to get a security system and a dog that barks at a mosquito when it sneezes, also - lots of light on exterior, rose or any other thorny plants close to all windows and doors to make it harder and more painful to break in ;-) Criminals pick the easy targets. . . if you are going to take too much work and/or time, they will move on to the next house.

I have a house temporarily off the mkt in Wedgefield. It is a short sale and needs work, waiting to hear from bank if they are going to lower the price to accomodate repairs, but currently asking $150K and 3 repair bids came in at $6k - $12K depending on how much work needs to be done. That won't help Trueblue since he's ready to buy NOW, but for anyone else looking for a good deal, keep it in mind ;-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hi Trueblue,

Have I got a community for you! Orlando's Best Kept Secret. 6000 acre community, 20 mins from Orlando International, Quiet, large lots, NO HOA requred fees, deed restricted, parks, horse trails, Public Championship Golf Course, lakes, conservation areas, close to Beaches and mins to new Publix, Walgreens and More. 10 Mins to Waterford Lakes shopping and restaurants. Top Rated schools. Peaceful living with Nature, mins to everything else. How am I doing?

I have found 5 listed homes in this community that fit the bill...You will get more for your money since it is a bit further out. New High School coming soon! Drum Roll Please.....

Wedgefield Golf and Equestrian Community. Just off the BeachLine 528 at SR 520 or you can take East 50 to the 520 and Go East! The zip code is 32833. I have sold many many homes here and will be able to give you the grand tour. I think you will like it. To check crime statistics use this link:

http://spotcrime.com/

Here is the link I have created for you to see the 5 listed homes, a couple of them are in the gated community, that really solves the safe and quiet part!

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1036885821&…

As soon as you see these homes, you will want to contact me right away! Make sure you use the arrows and see all 5. I am available when you are. I will leave my contact information. Look forward to showing you around Wedgefield. PS This community is home to fire department, airport , sheriffs department and many more community professionals that found their little peace of paradise. Will you be Next?

Gay Middleton
Realtor**Moving You In the Right Direction
407-493-3699
gaymiddleton@wedgefieldhomeresales.com
Web Reference: http://ww.gaymiddleton.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hi Trueblue,

I live and work in Lake County and highly recommend Lake County. Clermont is approxmiately 35 minutes from Orlando International Airport, and provides a great environment for families, with good schools, and shopping. For more assistance please visit my website.

Jimmy Williams
Coldwell Banker Tyre & Taylor Realty, Inc.
2765 S. Bay St.
Eustis, Fl 32726
http://www.jimewilliams.com
capstonejw@hotmail.com
(352) 874-2354
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
HI trueblue,
One of my clients just purchased a single family in Clermont. It was a nice quiet neighborhood (they took a whole week to search the Orlando and surrounding area. Plus their homeowners was very low which was a plus. Good Luck and happy searching!

Melissa Antenucci
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hi Trueblue -- I just closed a buyer on a home in Avalon Park and they're very happy there. Here is a link that will take you to quite a few two story homes under $200,000 in very nice communities. http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=503474857&s…
Let me know if you'd like to see any of these.

Happy House Hunting!

Louise Warring, e-PRO, CSP, CNS
Certified Short Sale Professional
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
I am looking to rent a Apt in Orlando area but close to UCF, But Nice and Safe area, No Crime. What is the best place to live in Orlando with family close to every thing.
Hi we have been in 32832 for almost five years. 10 miles from the airport and I can honestly say I think we have heard 'airplane' noise only 4 times. I work right here at home and never hear it. Quiet and peaceful area off Moss Park Rd. My daughter works for airline and I drop her off and pick her up in less than 1/2 hour to / from airport. Our area seems to be one of the few that have a fenced backyard. Surprisingly many expensive homes have no private back yard area. All the time we have been here, seems very safe.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012

Fortunatally for you in this market there are homes everywhere in that price range. The 1/2 milllion dollar homes a couple years ago are now in that price range. There are some great areas to live in that are very well known for there safety. I can send you some examples of what is available if you would like to send me your email address or you can look on my web site at http://www.myflrealestateagent.com and look for yourself under home search. It is connected to the mls system realtors use. Let me know how I can help.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Christy Lake, Realtor
407-765-1497
clake@watsonrealtycorp.com