dirkatkinson, Both Buyer and Seller in Petaluma, CA

What are the average number of days that a 3 bedroom house is on the market in Petaluma?

Asked by dirkatkinson, Petaluma, CA Tue Jan 8, 2013

Answers

9
Hi Dirk,

If you define "on the market" as the time between listing and accepted offer, then less than two weeks is the norm, if: the home is in good condition; the home is in a desireable neighborhood and does not have any adverse, outside influences; it is a normal sale, not a short sale or REO (bank-owned); it is priced correctly. If you have a home you want to sell I would love to sit down and talk with you about your options. There is a ready, willing, and able buyer for your home, no matter what the circumstances. Also, there is a huge demand for single level homes, so if your home is single level, you should have no trouble selling it.

Michael Salser
707 953-2992
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
Best answer to average number of days in Petaluma: LIKE HOT CAKES!

Properties that are priced right in Petaluma are receiving multiple offers and going very quickly. Many listing agents are providing a date upfront that offers are due to be sure the homes receive maximum exposure. As Lynn mentioned below, technically DOM (days on the market) will include the escrow period. Also keep in mind that short sales can take anywhere from 3 months to a year and beyond in some cases... Short Sale escrows are anything but short and greatly skew the DOM average.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you are looking for a realtor. I'm grateful for the opportunity to EARN your business.

tony.lander@bundesen.com
Every property and homeowner situation is unique. Please contact me for a complimentary Comparative Market Analysis and discussion of your situation. Based on the outcome I think we can devise a strategy for selling your home that meets your needs.

Craig Saxon
csaxon@rpadvisors.com
707-541-2345
Using only the criteria you have given "3 bedroom in Petaluma" approx 70 days and those days include the days the the property is in escrow with a standard escrow running 30 a 35 days.

Al the best

Lynn Bowen
Artisan Sotheby's Int'l Realty
Sebastopol
707-695-3814. Lynn.Bowen@SothebysRealty.com
Hi Dirk,

There are so many reasons why some houses sell quickly and others don't. Houses are as different as the people who live in them. All the answers here are correct from the basic 85 days on the market to two weeks. I have had offers the day the sign goes in the ground ( which have closed in 30 days).

The very best way to gauge how fast your home would sell is to have a Realtor do a market analysis on your home. We check out curb appeal, any remodeling that has been done or needs to be done, condition, square footage, lot size and of course the number one predictor is location.

If you are thinking of selling your home, please give me a call I live in Petaluma. I also have new information on the Mortgage Debt Relief Act that has been extended until Dec.31,2013.

Lisa Evans, Realtor
Bradley Real Estate
415-691-9110
DRE#01513578
The current average Days on Market in Petaluma for a single family home is 85. The last 12 months of DOM have shown a decreasing trend since a high of 145 days in February of last year.

Jen
With the low inventory we have been experiencing many Realtors are marketing the properties for a week or less to generate multiple offers. If the property is priced appropriately it will sell during that marketing period and typically for more than asking. Of course each property has to be taken case by case, but even a total wreck will sell quickly at the right price. We are experiencing many all cash offers as wellwhich is helping to drive up the prices as typically appraisal is not an issue. Whether you want to buy or sell, right now is when you want to be in the market. Interest rates remain at historical lows and prices have grown in double digits this last year for the sellers. I'd love to sit down with you and discuss how this market will work for you. Contact me at baseco@sbcglobal.net and we can meet over coffee of something.
It's a good life
Steve Cohn
With persistent low inventory for going on 9 months now, most homes are under contract in less than 2 weeks -- some are gone in less than 24 hours! Some homes may linger longer on the market than others due to numerous reasons (type of sale, property condition, list price). Currently there are only 8 Active listings in East Petaluma (which is EXTREMELY LOW). In West Petaluma we have 52 Active listings (slightly below average).
Depends on location, price and condition, but typically less than two weeks (inventory is currently low, buyer demand is high and sellers are often times receiving multiple offers over asking price)...