Home Buying in Fairfax>Question Details

Rupertspira, Home Buyer in Fairfax, CA

What are the average building costs of a high end house, from scratch, including all amenities, per sq. ft. in the Fairfax area?

Asked by Rupertspira, Fairfax, CA Mon Sep 2, 2013

Answers

3
In reading, we have to confirm what Mary Kay and Kathy Yamamoto stated the building lot has much to do with the pricing.

My husband, Larry Paul is an architect and he answered your question with a range of $300-$400+/-.
That is a very complicated question!! Are there utilities to the lot or do they need to be brought in? The cost of bringing in utilities is usually quoted at a per square foot cost, and there can also be other fees. Is it a steep hillside lot or a reasonably flat lot? Hillside lots generally require much more foundation & retaining wall work. You are saying "high end", but one person's definition of "high end" can be very different from another's definition. Every site specific situation & decision along the way will vary the cost significantly from light switches to counter surfaces to appliances to interior doors to windows etc. etc.

We would advise you to meet with several contractors to get bids on your project. Do you already have architectural plans? You will find that the bids will likely vary significantly. We have contractors that we can recommend that we trust. Some of them have done work for us personally.

Let us know if you would like their contact information.
I am currently working with a few Building Contractor's that I can refer you to. Please feel free to contact me directly.