Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Trulia Phoen…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

What are the advantages of buying a home with an agent?

Asked by Trulia Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ Thu Nov 29, 2012

Answers

11
While commissions are always negotiable, based on MLS statistics agents generally get compensated anywhere from 2% to 3% of the sales price, and sometimes more of there are bonuses or if new construction is involved. On any property where I earn a 3% or higher commission, I would refund 1% of the sales price back to you. I have sold over 300 homes since 2007, averaging just over 50 properties annually. When you use myself or anyone on my team, not only do you get the benefit of our extensive experience, but you also get a 1% rebate.

Regardless of who you choose, I recommend you interview at least three agents. You want to work with an agent with a lot of experience under his or her belt, as well as someone who you get along with and trust. My partner and I have been recognized by The Phoenix Business Journal for our extensive accomplishments, ranked in the top 3% of all agents in the valley and ranked as top 1% producers at West USA Realty - a brokerage with over 1,100 agents. If you would like to interview me, I can be reached at 623-824-4275. Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your question, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Real Estate Agents are professionals that represent their clients in various transactions, be it buying or selling, renting or leasing a property.

Their job includes but is not limited to helping you find the property you like within the time frame you want. Time is precious. Instead of trying to look for the property yourself, a good real estate agent knows the neighborhood well and can help you find that dream home within a short period of time.

They help you negotiate the deal so you do not overpay. They also help guide you to make the right choice by disclosing the market conditions that will help in your buying process. Agents are aware of area market value and they can use their expertise to renegotiate a deal as it is part of their job description.

They are trained to present their clients' case in the best light and agree to hold client information confidential from competing interests. They handle volumes of paperwork--purchase agreements alone run ten pages or more along with other disclosure papers and addendums.

For more information on the advantages of buying a home with an Agent visit: http://www.house2buyorsell.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
An agent gives a 'poker-face' to the transaction.

You see . . . when the buyer loves a home they can't hide their jubilation, and if a listing agent knows you love the house, he/she is bound by contract to get the best price for their client.

On the converse, if a seller is desperate to sell, then a buyer will likely use that knowledge to drive the price down.

An agent won't let you sell or buy for too low or too much because the heat of the negotiations have distorted your purpose.

If you are my client and you have made it very clear prior to negotiations what you will pay for a particular property, then I will keep you cognizant of that point should the seller not see it your way. We'll walk and find something that fits your budget.

Agents act as your poker-face and keep you focused.
There are a number of advantages from working with a professional that knows where to find answers to your questions about neighborhoods, title, lender questions to refer you to.

An agent knows the market and can assist you with the negotiations of the property. Being able to negotiate is huge in this market along with knowing how to deal with the other agent. You want to make sure you're being represented.

It is no different when purchasing a new build. ALWAYS bring your agent.

For anyone reading this question posted by Trulia.

Always work with a Real Estate Professional as they are representing you and have a fudiciary responsibility to do so.

Happy Holidays!

Debbie Nieman
Real Estate Professional
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

diverdebi@cox.net

http://www.diverdebi.com
The simple answer I give my clients is for legal representation. By using a licensed agent they should be provided with expert advice and be more protected legally than if they were to not have an agent represent them. Also an agent will be able to weed through the mass of homes that are available on the market and should be able to find you the home you are looking for in an efficient manner.
Hello Trulia Administrator! Thanks for the question.

I've read many posts where the general public has gone out on their own and attempted to purchase homes without representation of a buyer's agent or attorney. Some hardcore, tried and true investors are doing well, especially those with many years RE experience. Unfortunately, I do not believe the general public clearly understands the benefits and opportunities of working with an experienced buyer's agent.

Increasingly the Internet and various websites offer generic information to sellers and buyers related to selling and pruchasing homes. In reading the information offered, it appears to be the easiest thing in the world and anyone can do it. I think folks get excited about the endevor and feel very confident in doing it alone. However, as we all know the horror stories keep rolling in and within this mix come legal cases between sellers and buyers sueing each other.

For whatever reason the general public continues to receive mixed messages as to the importance of hiring a professional RE agent to assist with their housing needs.

Thanks again for the question!
A home is most likely the largest purchase you will ever make. Why not take advantage of using the services of a professional who is trained in every aspect of real estate? As Realtors we are licensed to write contracts (something done in other states by attorneys), to negotiate on your behalf and to make the home-buying process go as smoothly as possible for the buyer. Particularly these days, when we are involved with short sales, different lending programs and other more complex matters, it is beneficial to have someone trained and knowledgeable representing you, the buyer. And the best part, a Realtor's services are paid by the seller, not the buyer, so it is FREE to you!! There are many more reasons, already stated in other responses, but to sum up: why wouldn't you want someone working on your behalf?
Do you know that you could have our combined 35 years of experience represent your interests at no charge to you?

A few of the items we provide:

Direct access to the best source of homes for sale
Homes emailed directly to you daily
Review and collaboration on homes to view
Schedule all showings to maximize your time
View property together
Share defects noted in properties
Lenders to pre-qualify you correctly, some with no down payment programs
Home Inspectors that are tried and market tested
Wood Infestation reports
Years of negotiating expertise to get you the best price and terms
We are well known in the industry, helps get your offer accepted
Represent your fiduciary interests
Know the correct vendors for Title, Warranty etc.

The above are just a few of the items we can do to help you out in the process of purchasing a home, again we don't charge you a dime and you get our 35 years of combined experience.

Loyalty, honesty and fiduciary to you!
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Get objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available properties.
4. Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. REALTORS® have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
9. Ethical treatment. Every member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® makes a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a customer of a REALTOR®, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. It is mandatory for REALTORS® to take the Code of Ethics orientation and they are also required to complete a refresher course every four years.
Broad question, assumes all agents are equal, I haven’t found that to be the case. If you work under that assumption then E&O insurance would be the top on my list.

If you narrow the question down to include only agents that are experts, then my top two choices are experience and track record of holding the deal together during escrow. These two separate the good, bad and the ugly.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Well, there are a few reasons... The best reason it is FREE as a buyer to use an agent to assist you in buying in a home, the cost of a buyer's agent is paid for by the seller. other reason's are....I have access to ALL homes for sale and can very easily narrow your search so will get ONLY homes that match exactly what your looking for directly to your email, when you find your DREAM home I will be able to tell you what similiar homes have sold for and be able to get YOU the very BEST deal on your new home. I will handle the entire process of finding you your dream home to handing you the keys, I willl make the process as painless as possible. you will KNOW your not only moving into the home you love but, it it will also be the best deal on it as well.Call me today so I can set up your FREE search for your perfect home 480-250-2581 Jennifer Ronning Keller Williams Realty