1.Contact a Realtor in the area where you want to purchase
2.Have the Realtor point you in the direction of a good lender or loan officer
3.Obtain preapproval letter-Make sure that you are comfortable with the amount that you qualify for.Ie; just because you qualify for 400k doesn't mean you have yo buy a house that costs that much
4.Determine what you are looking for : size, # bedrooms, # baths
5. Look for/ find a house
6.Have your Realtor draft up a competituive strong offer
7. Be prepared for a couple possible dissapointments_
8.Be ready with your earnest money deposit because when your offer is accepted , things will move fast
9. Any documents that the lender or Realtor requests get it to them right away! Delays can kill your deal.
I hope that helps.
650 262 0271
Real Estate Agent
Imara Mortgage and Realty
1) get pre-approved with a Lender
2) find a reputable agent to represent you
3) know going in to the process what you are looking for as far as house size, i.e bed, baths, sq.footage etc. That willsave you and your agent a lot of time!
4) be prepared to compete with other offers since we are entering into a sellers market.
5) be patient!
Best of luck! If you need any other help feel freeto contact me at anytime.
Talk with a lender and get pre-qualified so you know what price point you are in before you go out looking. Nothing worse than finding a house and then finding out its not in your price range.
Then contact an agent. Sometimes agents have lenders who they work with. You can shop around to see who has the best fit for.
When you have found a lender and agent and have been pre qualified you are good to go.
Please contact me with any questions.
925 699 3337