Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some surprises that first-time buyers encounter when purchasing a home?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Thu Mar 1, 2012

Answers

2
Some first time home buyers are surprised by the amount of paperwork--especially on settlement day. I know I was for my first home. It can also be a little shocking when you see the full amortization schedule and realize how much the house cost you over the life of the mortgage. If you have the right agent they can and will provide you with all the information that you need to and properly set your expectations. So it should be smooth sailing just make sure to interview a few Realtors to find one that help specializes in first time home buyers...like me!

Tracy does make a great point about things to be careful about with your credit score. Make sure you run any other major purchases past your mortgage professional to make sure it won't impact your ability to get a loan
First time Home Buyers if not properly educated on the home purchasing process will go out an open a new credit card, buy a new car or even take a nice
before getting down to the nitty gitty of homeownership which can totally tear the pre-approval to threads.
First Time Homeowners also not get into trouble building every thing on the planned settlement date not taking in consideration the apprasal