Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some surprises that first-time buyers encounter when purchasing a home?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Thu Mar 1, 2012

Answers

4
In the real estate business, knowledge is power and no one knows the local real estate market like a Realtor. I closely monitor market trends, news and forecasts that impact the local and state’s real estate industry and Florida economy. I have sold over 10 million dollars in homes southwest Florida and specialize in working with Buyers. Allow me to represent you as a Buyers Agent and I will locate the home you're looking for, negotiate the very best deal possible and protect your interests every step of the way. Call me and lets talk about how I can help you accomplish your real estate goals.

Kind regards,

Terence Trombetti • Real Estate Agent
Gulf Coast Realty Network
4002 Del Prado Blvd. S.
Cape Coral, FL 33904
239.560.1574 Mobile
239.540.2100 Office
239-540-1206 Fax
terencetrombetti@gmail.com
http://www.gulfcoastproperty.net
http://www.capecoralfloridahomes.net
In NY it's the amount of our property taxes and closing costs.

Chris
Great Question. First-Time Buyers are leading the Real Estate Recovery, but need to be aware of many concerns. A complete list of blogs helpful to answer the many questions, like: How much money down? What kind of Credit Score do I need. Can i use my VA voucher? How much should i offer? and a host of other First time buyer Topics can be found at the link attached.

http://blog.house-guy.com/tag/buying-your-first-home/
1. They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and end up missing out on the best deal.

2. They don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house. This depends on the individual markets. This has not been an issue over the past five years in my location (SW Florida), but it is starting to be a problem with some buyers as our inventory is shrinking faster than folks realize.

3. They don’t find the right agent who’s willing to help them through the home buying process. This is important. Work with a buyers agent...not the listing agent.

4. They don’t do enough to make their offer look appealing to a seller.

5. They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.

Good luck, and remember, buying a home home should be one of the most exciting and fulfilling adventures anyone can have. Finding the right agent can make this experience a very positive one.

Brian Hall
Premier Sandals Realty
brianhall.swfl@gmail.com
239-218-0986
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012