Home Buying in Arlington>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some surprises that first-time buyers encounter when purchasing a home?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Thu Mar 1, 2012

Answers

5
Lucy Puniwai’s answer
Also - feel free to check out my informational page: "Lucy Puniwai"/The Realtor with Passion"

You may also follow the Blogs I have entered on Trulia.

Take care,

Lucy
The decision to purchase a pre-owned home or a brand new home under warranty helps to eliminate any "negative" surprises. With a brand new home, you know exactly what you are getting and if there any problems. the Builder will perform those repairs within the first year of purchase. In Texas we have hard water and red clay so watering the foundation is a must to avoid foundation problems. When purchasing a pre-owned home, the first thing we do is look at the Seller's Disclosure of items that have been repaired or items that require repair. This is where your Realtor works on your behalf to ask the Seller to pay for repairs per the outcome of your inspection. You will not purchase a home that you are not aware of anything structurally or functionally that does not work. Neighborhood and schools are also areas that your Realtor must provide you with information along with property taxes. The biggest surprise to most home owners in Texas is the amount of property taxes that area paid. We do not have state employment tax and property taxes subsidize the cost of schools and roads.

I am working with a family in Virginia that is being relocated to this area as well as member of our military in Afghanistan. Both will be purchasing homes through me, site unseen, based on the detailed information I provide during the home search process. I have closed on 6 properties that were folks relocating here in the past 2 two years and I have references for you.

For me to know exactly what you desire, please contact me at puniwai@fathomrealty.com. I am a full time agent and real estate is my passion. I dedicate my time to my client and remain in constant contact through out the buying process as well as after closing. I will become your resource for utilities, information about highway construction (which affects your commute to work and shopping) and anything else you need.

Thank you for your question and it would be my pleasure to earn your business.

Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell/TEXT
(682)224-8050 - Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com

http://www.fathomdallas.com/agents/6440-Lucy-Puniwai

In God we Trust
Get an inspection done to limit the amount of suprises.
The mounting paper work you have to sign to get a loan and landscaping costs-upkeep.
Missing paint behind large heavy items.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Surprises - if you have a great Realtor and qualified for a loan there should be NO surprises.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com