Home Buying in Flower Mound>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Flower Mound, TX

What are some of the "hot" areas now other than Flower Mound?

Asked by Mark, Flower Mound, TX Mon May 3, 2010

Answers

10
I'm biased; I have lived in Flower Mound/Lewisville for 25 years. Love it, Love it, Love it. Home values here have been pretty consistent over the years and if you are an investor, the rents are great and vacancies are almost non-existent. Great place to invest in for the long-term. Very few apartments put less stress on the school systems, which keep the schools performing at a higher level then most other places.

If you could explain more on what are your considered “HOT” factors. Also, are you an investor or homeowner? Looking long-term or short-term prosperity? Are schools important or not? Moving market, higher CAP rates or just looking for higher IRRs. I would love to talk to you if you’re planning on investing. I’m an investor myself with numerous properties and a Certified Commercial Investment Member. I also help out a lot of investors in our area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 9, 2010
Depends on price range.....FM seems to be pretty hot around 200K with updates. Get past 400K and things cool off. Move up to $1000000 and it gets very cold...you might need a parka.

Check out the hotness report at:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/mls/ntreis/table5.html
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 5, 2010
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Mark,

I work in Flower Mound, and can give you many reasons why this is one of the "hottests" regions in the country. I live nearby, in Double Oak, and encourage you to look there, as well as Bartonsville, Argyle, Copper Canyon, and Highland Village. It depends on your needs and definition of "hot". Flower Mound Schools are some of the best in Texas, and a big reason why folks want to be in Flower Mound. Let me know if I can provide additional information about the area and help you understand all that is going on here.

Dan Harkrider
Coldwell Banker - Flower Mound
214-505-5452
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
"HOT" areas? we see a lot of activity at different price points - Highland Village seems to always have a good turn of activity - Not sure what you are looking for exactly - if you will call me I can pull soem data for you
214-284-7136 Direct.

Kind Regards,

Charles Nuber
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 3, 2010
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

It greatly depends on your price, condition and sought after tastes. Are you looking to stay around that area in general? The upper end grand penn. of grand prairie is well established. Along with parts of Colleyville, Parts of Bedford. Southlake seems to be very sought after however property values haven't been holding strong that last couple of years. Feel free to contact me directly in regards to helping you establish your foothold in todays market. Lets talk!

Real Estate Consultant 3x US Army Vet.
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157
email: blissfulestates84@gmail.com
webstie: http://www.blissful-estates.com
I have been working with a family moving to the area from Florida. They looked at many areas but started focusing on Flower Mound and Keller. They ended up choosing Keller. They love the area and felt like they could get more home for their dollar.
I am showing homes almost daily in Highland Village as well as Double Oak.
Dear Mark,
When you think about hot areas, you need to explain it a little bit more detailed because why it is the hot area? Are you planing to buy and sell it? Are you looking for schools, gated community etc. Everybody has different priorities, careful work on yours and you will find the best match for your lifestyle, needs and goals.
Feel free to search more homes on MLS http://www.dallashomelist.com/mls-search.html
Let me know if you want to preview any homes.
Pelin
http://www.dallashomelist.com
The Dallas / Fort Worth region is "HOT". To pick any one area would be leading. I list homes primarily in Prosper, Celina, McKinney, Frisco, Plano, and Allen. But, I get called out of Collin County to work with buyers in Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, Mansfield, Keller, Southlake, Arlington, Cedar Hill, Roanoke, Rowlett, and Sachse. And, that's just since the first of this year.

If you ask enough questions of a buyer, you can create a game-plan for their home purchase. A buyer's wants/needs are combined with their desired commute to/from work to help us define our field of search. "Hot" hasn't shown up on any of my buyers' lists. Schools have, by far, been the highest concern of my suburban clients. Most of my buyer clients preview tour with me, which lets them get to know the area a bit, and helps me confirm that we're on the right track or if I need to widen the search. Keep in mind that the agent is the expert. We should be in charge of directing the preview tour. Having lived in DFW for over 30 years, and having been in real estate for a decade, I should know more about the best opportunities in real estate than they can find on their own. Then, when they come back for their buying trip, we know exactly where they want to be. The time between previewing and buying can be as little as one day, and often is a Saturday preview and an offer written on Sunday. My job is to give them enough homes to choose from that match their wish list that it is actually difficult to pick a favorite.
Have a blessed day!
Ronda
I'm a Home Stager in the area and to add to some of the communities that Lynn sited I also think the Keller, Argyle, Roanoke direction has some great neighborhoods. Good luck and if you live in the area and are selling I'd be happy to share some tips with you.