Home Buying in Orange County>Question Details

Ami, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

What are some of the more popular areas in Orange County for single, young professionals to live?

Asked by Ami, Memphis, TN Sat Sep 24, 2011

I have an opportunity to move to Orange County with my company, and I was wondering what areas are popular with young professionals? I'm a 25 year-old single female, and I really prefer to live close to the city where there's always plenty to do. I don't necessarily want to live in a 'college bar' area, but I'd like to be close to nice restaurants and places to shop where everything doesn’t close down at 9pm.

I work out of a home office, so commuting isn't really an issue for me. I just want to find a few areas of town that are popular with young professionals so I can visit and try to get a feel for the different areas. (I also want to continue living in a condo)

Answers

3
I agree with John with the exception of Huntington Beach, because you stated your feelings about a "bar area." I would also suggest Irvine. Laguna Beach would be my first choice for your needs.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
The coastal communities will definitely provide the "youth" factor you seek. Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach are all nice but can tend to be perceived as "party" areas. Also the downside to any coastal community is price range. It's going to be more expensive as you get closer to the coast. You'll get a little more bang for your buck as you go inland a bit. South County has a lot of newer areas with lots of condos to choose from and plenty of night life depending on where you are.

If you would like to contact me, I can provide you with more specific details and price ranges.

Good luck with everything.
Newport Beach would probably give you what you want.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 24, 2011