Home Buying in San Marcos>Question Details

Andrew, Home Buyer in 95008

What are some nice areas to live in near San Marcos, CA?

Asked by Andrew, 95008 Fri Jun 5, 2009

Answers

6
Hey Andrew, Sorry I did not respond to your question on Friday, I didnt seem to receive it or I deleted it by accident, anyways, you could get a place anywhere from 600-900k. in San Elijo, gated with an insane view.

However, I am glad you decided on Carlsbad though. I think that would be the best bet, as prices are very affordable right now compared to a couple years ago, plus the schools are much better than San Marcos.

La Costa Ridge is a beautiful gated community and there are just a few new homes left ( the last time I checked) you can also check out my site http://www.CarlsbadNeighborhoods.com or this link containing current homes for sale in La Costa Ridge
http://www.dustybrazil.com/content/listings.html?city=CARLSB…

I would love to help you as your buyers agent. and I could help show you new or resale homes around Carlsbad. Please give me a shout or email me direct at realestatequestion@yahoo.com

Thanks Andrew!
Dusty Brazil
REAL INNOVATE REALTY
760 207 7245
Thanks for all the help here! I was able to get out there a couple weeks ago and look at the different areas an it is very nice over there. It looks like we will be focusing just being in Carlsbad and found some great homes in the La Costa Ridge area with great views.
Andrew,
San Marcos has some very nice communities. San Elijo as mentioned, There is Twin Oaks Valley, Its your part of country close to the city. Prices range from 350000-1000000. THe Hoa fees are under 100 in most areas. If you are looking for mountain views and valley breezes this is a terrific area. I have a listing on 1acre with pool 5 bedrooms very country for $599,000.
The other nice are is Discovery Hills lots are somewhat small and it seems as houses are very close together as opposed to Twin Oaks Valley. There are several older homes in San Marcos as well in the Woodland Parkway area. I have lived in San Marcos for 20 years.
if you want to live in San Marcos and have an ocean view San Elijo Hills is a good option. this is a fantastic community with many perks but note the mello roos and HOA fees before you dive into the real estate market in this Master Planned Community. Homes in north county are more affordable right now and if you are in the $450+ price range I would suggest looking at Carlsbad. This is a fantastic town, with great schools and coastal. You will be very happy there. Good luck.
Thanks Dusty, I am looking for a newer single family home with a large backyard and a view of the ocean would be perfect. What price range would a home in the area you described be around?
Hello Andrew,
There are many nice areas in San Marcos. It all depends on the price range you are interested in. My top choice for you is where I live and work in San Elijo Hills. This is an amazing home town community with all the perks, ie parks, schools, shopping and offers some of the best ocean view homes in San Diego. There are condos, townhomes, single family homes, including gated communities and luxury estate homes. My next choices are Discovery Hills, Lake San Marcos and then Santa Fe Hills. These are more "cookie cutter home communities". I would love to help answer any quesitons about San Marcos, or any of the surrounding communities and or cities. Feel free to drop me a line or visit my website at http://www.CarlsbadNeighborhoods.com
Web Reference: http://www.DustyBrazil.com