Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

tc4birdie, Home Buyer in Missouri City, TX

What are some less conservative area's of Austin?

Asked by tc4birdie, Missouri City, TX Sun Jan 6, 2013

Answers

12
Betina Foreman’s answer
Austin is the Blue Dot in the Red state. Which means we are in general: More educated than your average big city, Liberal & forward thinking, Nature/outdoors loving tree huggers that like our food local and organic. If you want conservative go to Round Rock or Marble Falls or San Antonio. Austinites like their music loud and we have several huge music festivals each year to prove it: SXSW, Austin City Limits, and Blues on the Green just to name a few. The core is probably the most liberal, but in general we are a pretty tolerant city. Welcome to Austin!
Have you heard the phrase "Keep Austin Weird"? I think your pretty safe where ever you find the home that meets your specific needs.
Some of these make me laugh and some make me shake my head. My experience with Austin is that it's very liberal-leaning in general. If you're in the central metro area, east side, south side, it's probably moreso. I haven't been in any area that I would consider overly conservative. This is the city that tries to out-San Francisco, San Francisco!

Trey Jackson
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty - Cedar Park (the conservative area! hahaha)
Web Reference: http://www.treyjackson.com/
Now YOU sound like the kind of person we want to work for!

Don't know whether you were speaking politically or culturally (though usually the two are intertwined), but the answers you have already received are pretty accurate. South, Central and East Austin are widely considered the most groovy parts of town as they are pretty walkable to Austin's most leading-edge entertainment and dining areas.

Call/text me. I want the opportunity to earn your business.

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
REALTOR :: Agents for Change Real Estate
cell :: (512) 739-0457

10% of our net agent fees at the closing of our client's property will be donated to a charitable organization of their choice. We do this with ALL clients. This is our way of expressing our appreciation to both our clients and the worthy causes dedicated to the betterment of our communities.

9600 Escarpment Blvd :: Suite 745-75 :: Austin, TX :: 78749
Sponsoring broker :: David Komie, Attorney-at-Law (License# 584762).
tc4birdie,

While the many agents responded I belive their informatin is vague. For me, specifically look in the 78704 and 78745 zip codes. 78744 can also be a stretch. To better gauge the location stay within these boundries, West of IH35, North of Slaughter Lane, East of Mopac (Loop 1) and South of 45th Street. Good Luck.
Some of the areas you might want to investigate further include the South Congress area (South Austin in general), almost anywhere in East Austin, and the Hyde Park neighborhood. While most of the city is fairly Liberal compared to the rest of Texas, surrounding suburban areas such as Round Rock and much of west Austin tend to vote more Conservatively.

Here is a map from the Austin Chronicle showing voting patterns for a recent housing bill that failed to gain passage. It is generally assumed that this bill was more likely to be favored by Liberal-leaning voters and to be opposed by Conservative-leaning voters.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/c418/pols_point.gif

Please note the darker red and orange areas actually represent support of this bill (and thus are more Liberal-leaning in principle)

I have lived and worked all across town, and would be happy to help you out where I can.

-Kerry LaRose
MaxAvenue, LLC
512-589-4226
kerry@maxavenue.com
tc, I believe some areas you may be looking for would be in south Austin, east Austin for sure, the South Congress area, and then some areas just outside of Austin to the south, east and west that seem to have less restrictions and therefore more liberal residents. Overall, Austin is a fairly liberal city in a conservative state, but those specific areas may be more to your liking if that's what you are looking for. As I mentioned in some of your other questions I answered, feel free to call on me and I will be happy to assist you further!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, 512-261-4415
Keller Williams Realty- Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power and Associates 2012)
East Austin, Downtown/Central Austin, SOCO, SOLA, Crestview. Please feel free to call me at 512-695-5144 or email me at kristee@theleadersrealty.com and we can discuss your home search further.

Kristee Leonard, REALTOR®
Broker, GRI, SFR, e-PRO®
512-695-5144 Cell
http://www.theleadersrealty.com
If you looking for scenery, wildlife and a great place to live, look into the Lake Travis area and the Hill Country. Use my website to get more information.

http://www.AustinLakeFrontProperties.com.
There are more Liberal areas of Austin than conservative. Exactly what are you looking for. If its quality Urban Life look in SoCo/ SoLa area 7870. Hyde park is also another great area. If you are wanting a better scope of ideas I would like to speak to you you can reach me via text, phone or email.

vanessanunez.realtor@gmail.com
512-750-5716

Warmest Regards,

Vanessa Nunez
Tc4birdie,
Most of Austin is liberal leaning. Now in the surrounding areas there is a little less liberal leanings but certainly not hard core conservative. Williamson County ~ Round Rock is the most conservtive for sure.
I think you're asking where are some more Liberal areas of Austin. You should consider the S. Congress area or 78704 zip or almost anywhere south of the River.
Cheers!