Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Greeningour…, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

What are some good family-friendly towns north of Boston in the $300,000 to $350,000 range?

Asked by Greeningour Future, Boston, MA Thu Jul 1, 2010

We are open to foreclosures, etc. but prefer stand alone homes, not condos. Condos OK with VERY little condo fee and only if there can be a small fenced yard. Good schools are a must. Moving from AZ where the schools are not so good. Will be working right off North Station so along that line is best. Heard Lynn isn't so good, but that others right near there are. Coming from VERY small town, very safe, everyone has your back.

Answers

7
Find a Good Full Time Realtor to work as a Buyers Agent ... All of our towns North of Boston have very good family friendly areas. A Good Buyers Agent can give you web sites so you can look up what different schools offer we have a web site wicked local.com then type in the town...look around and ask questions. Another web site MBTA will give you the commuter rail lines and stations ...ways for getting in and out of Boston using public transportation.
I am an exclusive Buyers Agent and I cover all the way out to 128/95. My favorites North of Boston are Stoneham, Melrose, Wakefield, Woburn. These are OK school systems but not the best. The best school systems are too expensive for a 350K single family. Lexington - 750K, Newton, - 850K.
You could also try N. Reading and N Andover and Winchester but they may be too expensive. Malden got hit with the ugly stick, Medford is too expensive but Melrose is right on the commuter rail so if you are coming from North Station, Melrose could be perfect. Nice family town with a Starbucks :-) and reasonably priced.
Hope this helps, Jeff Persons, RE/MAX Destiny Accredited Buyers Agent - http://wesellboston.net/
I would be happy to email you some recommendations. Please contact me directly at my email adress below.

Miro Fitkova
Fitkova Realty Group
p 617-232-3220
cell. 617-921-9952
fax. 617-608-1632

miro@fitkova.com
http://www.fitkova.com
Hi!

Congrats on deciding to move to the Boston area! I'm sure you'll love it here - but just get ready to be COLD when winter comes. :-)

As for small-feeling towns North of Boston, I would recommend taking a look at Melrose to start. It's small enough that you can walk from one end to the next, and just about all the streets have sidewalks. The school system is very good and property taxes are average. It's also along the commuter train line into North Station in Boston, so it would be perfect for your commute.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your relocation. I'd be happy to help.

-Tim
Good Afternoon,

North Shore Buyer's Agent here to help. I grew up on the North Shore and have my office in Salem. There are several good towns including Salem, Peabody, Beverly and Danvers. The commuter rail (boston bound-N. Station) is located in Beverly and Salem. This might be your 1st choice of towns to search in. My website listed below includes school reports based on the town you are searching in. I strongly encourage you to visit this site to obtain this unbiased information.

Don't hesitate to contact me to assist in your search.

Jeffrey H. Carter, ABR
978 717 9015
jcarterc21@yahoo.com
I just did a deal out in Burlington in that price rage. Fantastic little town worth looking into.
Hello:

Be prepared for a little sticker shock, it's a little pricier in the Bay State.

Appreciate the notes on the type of town you'd like to be, but more detail is necessary! Need to know:
1) How much space do you need?
2) How old an house will you accept?
3) Are you committed to riding the green line?

All of these will significantly resolve what towns might be suitable.

Best-