Home Buying in Santa Clarita>Question Details

Sona Gallatin, Real Estate Pro in 91321

What are renters waiting for?

Asked by Sona Gallatin, 91321 Sat May 12, 2012

If you've been waiting for the opportunity to buy a home and are still renting, what are you waiting for? What are the concerns, questions, fears about home ownership? I can help, contact me and I can give you the lowdown on the financial aspect of home buying and perhaps answer some questions you may have about the process.

Answers

4
I agree with some of the previous answers about buyers waiting for th elusive 'bottom.' In addition, I would add that the mortgage market is still incredibly tight.

Many, many people still do not qualify for loans. Those who are self-employed have a tougher time qualifying, as well as everyone who's been burned by the downturn these past few years. If you've gone through a short sale or foreclosure, you still don't qualify!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
It's my belief that many people are waiting until they think the market has hit bottom. Those of us in real estate realize that the market has indeed hit bottom, and in some areas here in California we are seeing prices beginning to rise again! And with the lack of homes on the market for sale, every nice home that comes on the market now has multiple offers within the first 24 hours. So with interest rates still at record lows and home prices stabile if not rising, there has NEVER been a better time to be looking to buy your first home, or selling your existing home and moving on up!! And if you have any questions, both my partner, Jennifer Scott, and myself, Steve Glogow, are here to help. Check us out on our website, http://www.wesellsantaclarita.com
Change is a tough thing to make and renters are comfortable. Many lack the funds needed to make a down payment and others lack the income or credit score. Another factor that is keeping many qualified renters from buying is the lack of understanding tax benefits that home ownership offers them. Many renters, potential first time buyers, investors and home owners that now have an opportunity move to a better home will be kicking themselves in 3 to 5 years when prices and interestt
rate skyrocket.

Call, write or text to explore the opportunity that exists now and may be gone sooner than you think!

Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Anyone who has the credit, income and funds to buy a home of their own should do so. Renters need to realize, they are always paying a mortgage. The question is are they paying their own mortgage or someone else's via paying rent?

Kawain Payne, Realtor