Lizzharris09, Home Buyer in Athens, TN

What are names of the older nice neighborhoods with fixer-uppers?

Asked by Lizzharris09, Athens, TN Wed Jul 10, 2013

Answers

7
I work with several distressed properties in the St. Augustine area. Since we are the oldest city the country the number of neighborhoods that fit you question is so large that I would need to ask a few more questions to help you hon in the perfect home. What price point are you considering? Is this going to be your primary residence? Size?

If you would give me a call I am sure we can find some options for you to consider.

Thanks for you inquiry.

Bernie Packo
Realty Exchange
904-342-2733
Pretty broad opinion based question. I would recommend you contact a couple of the local Realtors that took the time to answer your question below, and have them show you what is available in your price range. I have found opinions vary, not only in what is a "nice" neighborhood but also one person's definition of "fixer-upper".

Are you pre-approved with a lender? If not, that should be any buyers first step & then start a relationship with a local Realtor.

Best of luck.

Spirit
Try looking in St Augustine South or St Augustine Shores, both are older and do have fixer-uppers. There is also Lincolnville located in the heart of Down Town St Augustine and is an up and coming area. If you would like some listing of these areas email to you please contact me at 904-806-2772 ordannyebersold@watsonrealtycorp.com for more information.
Professional Regards,
Danny Ebersold
There are fixers-uppers in many neighborhoods and for different reasons. Perhaps the more important question is what you are trying to accomplish. Is the purchase for your personal use, are you seeking an investment property to hold or are you hoping to rehab and resell in a relatively short period of time? If you can provide that information, I will be able to fine tune the response to meet your criteria.
We would like to start with a major fixer-upper to break into the market and to do research on the area too. Look for a place where we want to stay. Ideally semi rural, not new, maybe an old homeplace.. we like agricultural and state parks and want good access to beaches. My husband and I (he remodeler/cabinet maker, me painter/decorator/gardener) will be moving to the area from Tennessee but husband orig from Fla. Want to do a HomePathRenoFinancing 3% dn. Getting started with pre-approval etc. Thanks for your thoughtful response Irene. Let me know what you think.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Great question. Davis Shores, Prairie Creek, Oakbrook, Moultrie Trails, Moultrie Trace are well established neighborhoods. The conditions of homes vary. However, these are not cookie-cutter communities per se. Let me know how I can help.
Will
Lincolnville in down town St Augustine right now have the best future of increasing in price. Please send me an email at dannyebersold@watsonrealtycorp.com or call at 904-806-2772 if you have more questions.
Professional Regards,
Danny Ebersold
Watson Realty Corp
904-806-2772
Hi Lizz,

Homes fall into a state of disrepair based on their ownership, thus, "fixer-uppers" can exist in all neighborhoods.

Your best approach to identifying a home that will require a little TLC is to work with a realtor that clearly understands your personal search criteria and goals. They will be able to direct you to properties that match your needs.