Ann Beaurega…, Home Buyer in Sun City Center, FL

What are monthly association fees on condo units and what does it cover?

Asked by Ann Beauregard, Sun City Center, FL Fri Mar 4, 2011

Answers

6
If I buy a condo in Sun City Center Community, how far can I do restauration, interior and exterior, in my property ?.
Can I demolish the place and rebuild a new house?
If I have a condo in Sun City Community can I rent?
If I have a condo and I do not live in it, do I have to pay a monthly fee ?
Lenilde.
Lenilde, The condos in King Point are villa style, not high rise. You have much leeway with the interior of the condo, but as they are attached and the land around them is common property with all the other owners, you are restricted as to how far you can build out a lanai. You can replace windows, but all changes must be approved. Again, as you are connected to another unit, you would not demolish a condo and rebuild. When you purchase a condo, you are agreeing to pay the monthly maintenance fee and it is required whether you are occuping the condo or not. Those fees pay for many things, roof and exterior painting reserves, insurance on the building, all water, interior and exterior, all landscaping, basic cable, private roads and security (2 gates to the comples) and the upkeep of all the facilities, ie. pools and fitness center. If you are interested in doing a lot to the exterior of a home, I would suggest you look at single family homes in SCC outside the gate. Susie 813-416-6432
Flag Tue Jul 31, 2012
Each Association has its' own fees and what it covers. You would need to find a home that you like and then I can tell you what the fees would be. Our community is a great place to live and I would be happy to pinpoint costs if you would like to contact me directly. I can be reached via email: trudyann@tampabay.rr.com or call me @ 813-416-5058
Trudy Province, Prudential Florida Realty
Sun City Center, Fl
Ann, one other source you should check about the condos in the Kings Point Community of Sun City Center is http://www.kpscc.com. It will answer many of your questions about the area. Also, Kings Point is a separate community here, as Sun City Center has a vast array of single family and villa style or duplex homes "outside the gate". Within that area and zip code of 33573, there are many associations and some have monthly fees that cover lawn, shurbbery, or basic cable, or some part of these, but each must be looked at individually. Those fees however are less than one would pay to hire each item individually. Other areas do not charge a monthly fee at all. There is a one time fee of $1200 to the SCC Association, and $256 per person/year to enjoy all of the ammenities here of fitness center, pools, saunas, clubhouses, tennis and so much more. It is less than a YMCA membership.
Great question Ann, as initially the fees seem quite high. However, they cover many items that you would pay for individually with a single family home, and often at a lesser cost because of bulk. ALL water, interior and exterior, ALL lawn, shrubbery and tree maintenance, security and private roads in a 2 gate community. Escrow reserves for exterior painting and roof repair or replacement and insurance on the structure. Also use of the 2 clubhouses, indoor and outdoor pools, state of the art fitness centers, club rooms and sporting courts. You would pay for electric, phone and insurance on the contents and center of the wall inward. Golf is also extra.The maintence fees range between $350-$475 and vary depending on the amount of common areas and number of homes in that association. It is important to know if you have a pet, as some areas allow them and others do not. It is a beautiful community and feels like you are living in a resort year round.
Hello Ann,
Monthly condo fees in Kings Point range from $350 to around $475. They vary mostly because of common areas,. These fees include: gated security, all water and sewer, reserves for painting and reserves for roofing. It also includes landscaping and lawn mowing. and then it covers 2 fantastic clubhouses with swimming pools, fitness centers, billiard room, computer room, and rooms for various crafts, as well as meeting rooms,anda fantastic live stage theatre.

Larry Bruni
Most Condos are in Kings Point and their fees cover- water, basic cable, yard work, escrow for roof repair/replacement, exterior painting about every 5 years, exterior insurance, the community center (pool, exercise room, clubs, etc). When compared with what a person would pay for these items seperately, its a very reasonable fee.