DFWProspecti…, Home Buyer in Irving, TX

What are homes going for in Valley Ranch price per sq/ft. for a 2,150 sq./ft., 3 bed, 2.1 bath in above-average condition?

Asked by DFWProspectiveSeller, Irving, TX Sat Mar 23, 2013

The house was built approximately 10 years ago. I hear price ranges all over the map from $225,000-$250,000. Friends with homes on the market indicate they are getting quick offers, but most are from first-time home buyers that are below what they believe to be the "market price." In many cases, lower than purchase price of 5-8 years ago (on average). This is coming from 5-10 sellers in several different Valley Ranch subdivisions over the last 6 months or so. Any comments would be appreciated!

Sale prices are influenced by a number of items including neighborhood, builder, age, school district, lot size, lot description (with a view or corner lot), and finish out. It is hard to determine what your house should be priced at without seeing it. We have seen a recent upswing in pricing and the last two houses I have listed in Valley Ranch have had a contract less than 10 days and were sold at the highest price per square footage for their neighborhood. Although many buyers might initially submit a lower offer to see if they can get a "deal", a house that has been properly priced and prepared for selling normally get close to asking price. I perform an in depth market analysis based upon comparable sales in the last 6 months to help my sellers decide where their house should be priced. I would be happy to speak with you about listing your home if you would like. My office is the Valley Ranch office of RE/MAX. If I can assist you I can be reached at 972-402-4114.
Most important thing to remember is that houses are not sold by the square foot. They are sold by what neighborhood they are in, what lot they sit on, what school serves the, how old they are, the number of rooms they have, what condition they are in and a host of other facets. You even mention this yourself. It's hard for anyone to price anything without seeing it first hand - you need a Realtor to guide you on price - have you selected one yet?
Valley Ranch is a large area with many styles of homes pricing it depends on what area you are speaking about in order for any professional to render an opinion.

"hear say" do you are you speaking direct with property sellers of these properties ? Any buyer is probably going submit a lower offer than list price than is the norm of real estate transaction AND even purchasing a car. Determine what is the "middle ground for all parties" be happy close the transaction.

As a listing agent many times we educate their buyers agents AND PREVENT such crazy offers they are waste of time .

Contact my office Sundday happy to discuss particulars of listing your home if you have an interest.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook