Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

kalelogram, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

What are good, safe neighborhoods near the San Diego Zoo?

Asked by kalelogram, San Diego, CA Sat Dec 29, 2012

Rene' De Blanco, MBA’s answer
I just moved to the North Park area (Morley Field) this past summer and I love it. A lot of families in the neighborhood (predominantly residential) and, although a bit of a hike, a 15 minute walk to the zoo. It is worth driving around to get a feel for the neighborhood.
Hi, I've lived In this immediate neighborhood for over 30 years. I raised 2 daughters who attended the local schools. I've seen it grow from a mainly working class neighborhood to being the 13th Hippest Neighborhood in the nation according to Forbes Magazine. Safe is relative to where you come from and your specific wants/needs. Contact me if you want more information or need a Buyer's Specialist on your side.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
The areas around the San Diego Zoo are city neighborhoods, you won't get a suburban feel here. For safety statistics, you can do some research for the various areas in San Diego:

Please feel free to contact me for any more information or resources.

Warm Regards, and Happy New Year!

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
Lic # 01443391
Hi- to be realistic it depends upon your defination of safe. It is never practical to categorically define anywhere as totally safe. However there are several excellent resources such as Max mentions that provide reliable statistical crime and preditor information that can be very helpful as you make your choice. Happy New Year!
This site ca help you determine what area suits you best.

Do you want to walk, ride a bike or take public transportation. Looks like you might be working there or are grandparents with a bunch of grandkids who love animals. LOL! In San Diego (America's Finest city) it's hard to find a bad place to live albeit there are a few seedy neighborhoods that I wouldn't mention on an open forum. Please feel free to contact me anytime and I'd be happy to show you some very nice neighborhoods within walking distance to the zoo.

760 815-6977 onthelevel@cox.net
you are surrounded by great neighborhoods. From the trendy Hillcrest and Normal Heights to the upscale North Park with gorgeous craftsman homes.
On the other side you have bankers' hills and downtown with more renovated condos than single family homes, but just as safe and central.