Home Buying in Carmel>Question Details

newfamilyinc…, Home Buyer in Carmel, IN

What are good neighbourhoods to raise kids in 250k-350k price range in Carmel, In ?

Asked by newfamilyincarmel, Carmel, IN Sun Sep 16, 2012

Answers

7
As many others have said, and I agree, it's not hard to find a good neighborhood in Carmel! The schools both public and private are good, the location is great. What is important to you in a home, in a neighborhood? How much of a commute are you willing to make? Do you prefer a newer home or one in an older more established setting? What type of home? Ranch, two story, townhouse? Send me an e-mail, I will be happy to help!
I am a Carmelite.

And boy oh boy, I can give you a list of great neighborhoods
to raise kids in!!!

In fact, right now there are homes in at least a dozen of our
best neighborhoods ... in your price range, with swimming
pools, tennis courts, nature areas, close to parks and
schools. All those quality of life things that give us and our
children so much joy, and exercize too, so you don't have to
drive your children EVERYWHERE.

If you'd like to talk, or better yet, look at some home, please
call me/text/write.

Thanks and welcome,

Marita
317.513.4652
Actually, there isn't a bad one that I could think of. I graduated from Carmel High School before there was a $250-$350 price range, and have helped hundreds of people move here as the price ranges and the size of homes continued to grow. It really depends on what is going to be good for the whole family in considering proximity to work, which of the elementary schools or middle schools appeals to you most, how close you want to be to any certain place of worship, etc. I've put three kids through the schools here, and lived in three different locations since growing up here. It is consistently good throughout the community. I would be happy to help you make those choices, and present properties to you that were appropriate for those choices.
I've lived in Carmel all my life and would be delighted to help you...if you want to shoot me an email with some additional information about the size and style of home you're looking for I would be delighted to send you all the listings that are on the market (including those not on Trulia).

Please let me know how we can help......Jason
Many people who relocate here choose Carmel because of the school system and most recently it was named one of the best places to live by CNN. So finding a good neighborhood to raise kids in Carmel will be easy. Choosing just one will be the challenge! :-)

I would suggest you drive by some of the neighborhoods during school bus times to see how many kids live in the neighborhood or drive by on a late Saturday afternoon (I say late because so many kids play soccer) and see who is out playing. Another option is to check out jungle gyms, trampolines and swing sets in the yards.

I write a blog called http://www.mycarmelblog.com and it highlights different neighborhoods...on the right hand side is the list of categories so you can easily find neighborhoods. It might give you some good information too.
I agree. Carmel is an awesome place to live. It depends on how close you want to be to schools, shopping. You can also consider age of the home. In Carmel you will find a great home in the price range you have suggested. If you would like to give more information on what you are looking for, I could send you some listings to check out. Good Luck in your search!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
I am not sure there is a bad neighborhood in Carmel. The real question is: What do you consider a great neighborhood? Are you looking for amenities? Location and ease of getting to parks or the Monon Center? A walkable neighborhood, etc. I would be happy to provide specific details on varous neighborhoods within your price range. Just let me know your criteria.

LAURA