Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

Desert Home, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

What are good neighborhoods in Scottsdale for buying a rental property that I could potential move into in 5 years?

Asked by Desert Home, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Aug 15, 2013

I am looking to buy a rental property in the near-term (<3 months) in Scottsdale, AZ.

Answers

20
There are quite a few excellent neighborhoods in Scottsdale. As others have said, it really depends on your price ranch. Paradise Valley, DC Ranch, Grayhawk, Terravita, the list goes on. All are wonderful places in Scottsdale to start looking at.
What is your price range? How much money do you want to invest? and, How much return do you want on your investment?

Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Dear Desert:

By good do you mean growth value in six years?

The one acre lot communities north of Shea give a great opportunity to expand the houses, add in law quarters and sell as luxury estates. "They do not make land any more".

Homes with city light views in the McDowell Mountains will always be popular and should grow in value. McDowell Mountain Ranch is a great family community and should continue to be strong in six years.

Call me if I can help you.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
Look at the Edge, Encore, Village, or Vintage areas of Grayhawk. Many of them were cash only until recently. I think prices have been suppressed. Luxury condos are going in down the road, but that will only help the areas I mentioned. Happy to show you. See more on Scottsdalescott.com about the area.
Scott, 85258 and 85251 are great areas to buy an investment that you would potentially move into later. Both areas are close to shopping and dining.
I just helped a client find their rental property with a 10% cap rate in Scottsdale that has a positive cash flow. If you are still interviewing agents to help you find an investment property that will pocket you money send me a message.

Michael Fabbro
480-252-5536
michael@luxuryazproperties.com
Dear Desert Home:

Arizona resident for 47 years and I grew up in Scottsdale. I personally like Park Scottsdale. The neighborhood looks the same 40 years ago.

Here is my YouTube video of the Zip code in Park Scottsdale 85250.

http://youtu.be/7ne9iM_ChEk

Terry S. Smith
Arizona Resident for 47 Years
Grew up in Scottsdale, Az
Designated Broker
Rain Dance Realty
Direct (602) 763-1858
ScottsdaleForeclosures@Gmail.com
http://www.RainDanceRealty.com
Rental market in Scottsdale is HOT right now. There are many great neighborhoods, just depends on your lifestyle and price range. I would be more than happy to help you narrow down an area. Feel free to call, text, or email me anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!

Liza Asbury
Realtor | Realty ONE Group
lasbury@realtyoneaz.com
480.452.6543
http://www.arizonahousehunting.com
Depending on your price range and size of the property, there are several quality neighborhoods as well as properties that would fit your criteria. Scottsdale has new developments in established areas of the City and new developments in the non-urban "rural" type neighborhoods.
As the former Planning and Development Director for the City of Scottsdale I have a unique knowledge base of the City. I'd be happy to give you a hand in finding the right property.
Jeff Fisher
REMAX Fine Properties
602-531-0435
Any part of Scottsdale would a great place for rentals as well as to live in in 5 years.
Scottsdale has many golf course and resorts and is great destination for vacationers and part time or permanent residence. There are so many factors goes into deciding on the location of your new homes. You need to decide on what type of amenities, life style as well as price.

You can search the MLS on my web site for free, please see below.
Please let me know if I can help you in ways.

Best of luck,

​​--
SHAHLA MENTHA, ABR, e-Pro, REALTOR®
Executive Real Estate Consultant
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Direct: 602-741-0755
mentha.shahla@gmail.com
http://www.azmove1.com
My favorite ones are close to down town, urban developments. And the smaller complexes west of Fashion Square.
If you are looking for views and desert proximity, Troon is interesting.
I will be delighted to talk with you about your search.
Steffy
Tel: 480-966-9353
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
There are no right or wrong answers here...only the answer based upon what suits YOUR NEEDS the best!.

Selecting a property is a very important decision and when compounded with the goal to turn a rental into a future personal residence the variables to be considered are well beyond price and style. It's time to talk about YOU!

If you'd like a no obligation time to meet for coffee and talk about how your needs and ideas can be translated into reality then I'm your Buyer broker!

Joani Frankel

Realty One group
602-919-1256

http://www.myphxazhomes.com
There are very few bad places to invest in Scottsdale. Knowing that your criteria should be your price point, your expectation for cash flow and appreciation during the rental period. But most importantly since you plan on living there, will it meet your needs for your residence?

Without knowing more about your plan, it is hard to advise on an area.
Hello, I live and sell in Scottsdale so I could help you choose some rental properties. My phone number is 480.414.3123. Give me a call and we can discuss what your needs are and match those needs to the property. - Liz Eichelberger
If you're buying a property for the purpose of renting it out - you will likely have to clean and restore it when you decide to make it your home. Indeed, you will have to do this after each renter departs to keep the property marketable and comparable to others in the area.

The short answer is that every neighborhood in Scottsdale is good. Even the older areas have neighborhoods with many homes updated with modern fixtures, floors and cabinets to make them luxury homes.

It's doubtful any Scottsdale neighborhoods will decline in quality or value in the next 5 years, if that is your concern.

I can show you around Old Town when you come to look around.
It depends on where you want to be. You can purchase a home to rent in so many areas in Scottsdale and it should be quite marketable as a long term or seasonal rental. You can go north in the Troon, Desert Mountain or Legend Trails areas or Grayhawk, DC Ranch and McDowell Mtn Ranch a little less north and east. McCormick Ranch and Scottsdale Ranch are not as far north. Kierland is another possibility.
Scottsdale has so much to offer that it will really depend on your price range and lifestyle.
Scottsdale has excellent schools and is noted as one of the best places to live in Arizona. You are kind of hard pressed to find any are of Scottsdale which would not be desirable for rental purposes. Price ranges vary significantly so it would be good if you could let me know approximately what price range you would be in.
It depends on what your budget it and what you are looking for as far as amenities go. You can get homes for as little as the low 200's up to multi million dollars but if you want a property that will break even or show some positive cash flow, you will need to look at homes under 400K. Yuo can get a very nice home for the 300 to 400K price range and probably get up to 2500/Mo. for rent. That should keep you at least break even. Let me know if you would like more details or would like to see a list of homes that would fit that criteria.
There are several great areas off Scottsdale that I can recommend to you for rentals that you can live in in the future. I have helped clients purchase hundreds of investment properties and know Scottsdale really well. Call me 480-220-7248