Home Buying in Brentwood>Question Details

Vikas, Other/Just Looking in Fremont, CA

What are good areas in Brentwood to buy investment property ? I am looking for area with good schools.

Asked by Vikas, Fremont, CA Thu Nov 29, 2012

Please suggest the areas which has good rental potential and built after 1980.
Looking for some local advice. My range will be from $200k - $250k.

Answers

3
I am a Realtor here in Brentwood and resident for 20 years and all the schools here in Brentwood I have nothing but great things to say about them. I have three boys that have gone through most of them and have turned out with great educations and jobs!
Investment property with $200 $250 built after 1980 in some areas you can find them for $260 to $290 with rental returns of a 10% cap rate. $200 $250k now is low, but not to say impossible.
You can visit my website for listings at http://www.realestateinbrentwoodca.com
I have lived and worked in Brentwood going on 15 years now. It is true there really AREN'T any "bad" areas, just some areas are more expensive than others. Merrill Grant is our Superintendent of Brentwood Union School District and Eric Volta is the Superintendent of Liberty High School District. Both men are of EXCELLENT character and expect the same of their employees from teachers to administrators to janitors. That being said you will find an INCREDIBLE sense of teamwork from all staff members working towards the greater good of their students.

I agree that $250,000 is going to be a difficult price point for Brentwood homes built after 1980. That being said, don't discount places like Discovery Bay or Oakley. Both have very good schools as well. You will find housing more to your liking regarding the price range you are more comfortable with, and you can check the shools at http://www.school-ratings.com.

In Discovery Bay you will find homes on the golf course approx. 2000 square feet, and homes in the Country Lane or Timber Point neighborhoods, even some around the lake. OR even Lakeshore or The Lakes. The latter neighborhoods being gated with huge homes.

In Oakley I would suggest the Cypress Corridor of homes next to Iron House Elementary School.

If you would like a personal tour of the area please call me at 925-784-8863
I am a Broker in Brentwood and live in Brentwood. There are not many "Bad" areas in this town. It is very nice community. My kids are in the public schools and we are very happy with them. 200-250k is a little low for Single Family homes in Brentwood, although sometimes something comes up.

The links is to a list of all the homes currently on the market in Brentwood.